Marcaine NERVE BLOCKS????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CHefPaula1965, Sep 24, 2006.

1. CHefPaula1965

CHefPaula1965 New Member

Is anyone else having this??
    This is supposedly a fairly new program for fibromyalgia/chronic pain issues..
    My Dr. gives me a series of 6 Marcaine shots in my back... twice a week..
    Before the shots each time they give me a drawing of a body front and back.... and ask me to shade the areas that hurt the most at the time... depending on where the pain is the shots are higher or lower .. these are right to the side of the spine.... I get 3 on one side and 3 on the other... I have had 4 treatments now and so far so good it is helping!!
    HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS OR KNOW OF IT????????//
    Hugs to all and have a pain free day..
    Paula
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wakemeup's doc was wanting to do something like this-see her post. My pain doc offers shots that derive from the Pitcher Plant. Is this marcaine.

How is it working?

Love Anne
  3. CHefPaula1965

CHefPaula1965 New Member

I do not know about the plant you are talking about but I do know that MARCAINE is a name brand........ I looked it up on the internet!!
    I IS working for me... My back gets kind of sore from the injections but I am walking now a little bit........ my pain level stays aroung a 4-7 instead of the 8-10 that I was experiencing..
    of course I am also taking a combo of Tramadol duing the day and Darvon at night.... And I think that is helping..
    If you trust your Dr. I would let him do whatever he has found that works...............
    Have a wonderful day
    Love
    Paula
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Is this any different?

God Bless.
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Marcaine is a long acting anesthic. It can last up to 24 hours depeneding on the patient. I know that it is used in the Dental Proffesion , We used it for wisdome teeth extractions to keep the patient numb for a longer time so that they didn't feel the pain from the extraction.

I have also had it used on my knee surgeries and it was put in my wrist to lessen the pain of surgery. It is a good anesthic . I hope that it does help you with your pain.

When I have had it I was numb { I had a bad tooth and a root canal that was really hard on me} for a long time. I was given it at 9 pm and when I went to a family meeting the next day I was still numb in most of my lower jaw. So it does last for a long time.

HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  6. CHefPaula1965

CHefPaula1965 New Member

Thanks for the Great information..
    I don't know if the lidocain shots are the same?? would be good to know....
    Supposedly my shots are long acting.. they are put in the nerves right by my spinal column.... and my areas of "most pain" for that time are releived... about 2-3 days...
    I dont understand it cause I am no medical professional but I know it works...
    The only problem I have with that is that the pain in my back from the soreness of the meds going in is pretty bad.. these are just my first few injections and maybe that problem will go away...??..... but I feel that I am trading fibro pain for back soreness?? does that make sense??
    Well I get the shots again today and I might bring that up to the dr... I know I am supposed to rest the evening of the shots and have a bath with epson salts as well as icing the area for a while... that helps some...
    Hugs to all you fibro survivors...
    I pray you have a pain free day
    Paula