March 10 Conference in NJ CFIDS Assoc of America

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FM58, Mar 4, 2007.

1. FM58

FM58 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone attending the "Know More" Joint Program sponsored by CFIDS Association of America & NJCFSA - Spring Conference?

Date: Saturday, March 10th

Location: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ

Time: 12:15pm -5:15pm

Speakers include: Nancy Klimas MD, Alan Pocinki MD, Kimberly McClearly - CEO of CFIDS Association of America & the traveling photo exhibit "The Faces of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome".

I will be there - just wondering if anyone else planned on attending?

Patty
  2. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, I've registered. I'm traveling from PA & would like to talk with anyone from NJ who's had experience with either Dr. Podell or Dr. Natelson, both of whom I'm considering going to.

see you there!
  3. FM58

FM58 New Member

Well, from what I know about both doc's - neither of them take insurance (ugh!) I know that Dr. Podell's initial visit & subsequent visits are quite expensive.

Both doctors have web sites. Ben Natelson's allows you to download information to see if you qualify for any of his clinical trials. If you qualify, then you may be able to qualify to receive treatment & meds for free. The paperwork to fill out is extremely long however, may be worth it in the long run.

I have spoken to people who have been treated by both Natelson & Podell- patients seem pleased with treatment received by both docs.

Sorry, I can't give my personal experience - but hopefully this will be BUMPING for someone else who has been there.

See you Saturday!

Patty