March 18, 2007.......BIBLE STUDY

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by 143alan, Mar 17, 2007.

1. 143alan

143alan New Member

Let's continue our study on TRUST. I ran across this verse that I really liked and made me think.

Nahum 1:7
    The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him, but with an overwhelming flood he will make an end of Nineveh; he will pursue his foes into darkness.

Now, I don't know about you, but a lot of times we are only taught bits and pieces of scripture and not the entire text. The entire book of Nahum is about the Lord's judgement on Ninevah for her oppression, cruelty, idolatry and wickedness. Of course in the end, the Lord destroyed the city.

I like knowing that the Lord is there when I need him and I can run and hide in his arms. It gives me a sense of security. He wants us to totally trust him and receive him like a child. We don't have to question how we are to act because Ninevah represents the behavours that God does NOT like.

Have you ever had a time in your life that you were given clear directions from the Lord to do something, and you had to trust him completely to follow those directions? Think about it. You don't have to write it in a response if you don't want to share it. You can respond with how you felt or the outcome of the situation.

Enjoy this week's project, have fun.
    Thanks everyone
    Nancy
  2. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

I'm in a situation right now where I'm having to do that. I really feel that the Lord wants me to attend a 72 hour retreat where I will have time to just seek the Lord in prayer, through speakers, Bible study, and just fellowship and accountability with fellow believers. This retreat is for women only and will be happening in my state on April 19-22. Going on this retreat will require a giant step out of my comfort zone. But there are two things that I believe are true. 1) I firmly believe that this is a door the Lord has opened to me and that He will provide everything I need to go. I will need to raise support, which again, is outside of my comfort zone. But I believe the Lord has made it clear that He will provide. 2) I believe this will be one of the most life-changing experiences of my life. I want to grow in my ability to trust Him and to get to a deeper level of intimacy with Him. I strongly that this retreat will enable me do both. But I also feel that is just a small part of what the Lord wants to do during my time at that retreat.

I am both excited and nervous about taking this step into the unknown. I don't know the outcome yet, but I am very excited to find out.

Lms526
  3. 143alan

143alan New Member

I'm so excited for you. It sounds like you are definantly joining God where he is working. The retreat sounds wonderful and if you know in your heart that he has definantly opened doors for you to attend I say go!!!! Of course I know it's a leap of faith and trust for you, as it would be for me, but it's so exciting, I'll be in prayer with you about it, if that's OK with you.

Thanks for sharing
    Nancy
  4. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Hi Nancy,
    It's more than okay if you join in prayer for me about the retreat. I hope to get a bunch of people praying for me. There is also scholarships available. My biggest concern was the cost. But I think I'm going to still do the support raising and trust God to provide. If I don't get the whole amount (and I am believing God that I will) then I will have the scholarship as a back-up. I am so excited to see God provide. Thanks for joining in prayer with me.

Lms526
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

That is so wonderful. I'm believing with you that you will have all cost covered, and you have a spiritual journey like no other because God has personally invited YOU to attend as HIS guest.

Praying with you!
    Love
    Nancy
  6. 143alan

143alan New Member

Well Lms it was just you and me this week but I think it was great. Please let me know how it's going with the retreat.

I think we're learning a lot about trusting the Lord. Everyone is welcome to jump in Sunday with the next scripture to explore.

Thanks
    Nancy