March 3, NY Times: The Voices of Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Didoe, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Didoe

Didoe New Member

This is a very exciting time, FM seems to be increasingly viewed at legit by both medical and media.

If you have time, check out this extensive article and the 6 people that represent the 'face' and give voice to living with FM. THere is a doctor Q&A explaining more current facts about the disease and they dont refer to FM as a 'syndrome' and he mentions new research going on in the field of pain.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

great article unfortunately followed by lots of ignorant, harmful comments (starting w/ a lengthy one by a doc who should not be practicing medicine)
  3. loto

loto Member

I agree with you. He is VERY IGNORANT, and should have to live with what we live with.
    So many over-intelligent asses out there who think they know everything!

4. lucysun

lucysun New Member

Here is the link to this:

It is quite good. The Q&A with Dr. Clauw is also good.

But the discussion thread is quite frustrating to wade through:

5. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks for posting....I have spent quite a bit of time reading the article and the comments that follow. The comments are upsetting. Some of the Drs and those in the medical profession wrote about FM being a "psychiatric" condition, caused by depression, stress, ect..
    This is the reason why I have a hard time telling anyone (friends, family, Doctors) that I have FM.

The Q&A with the Dr was interesting and quite good. Explained a lot about the brain chemicals and neurotransmitters and how pain is caused. I found it to be very informative.