*****MARRIED 41 YEARS TODAY!!! *******

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolK, Jan 9, 2006.

1. CarolK

CarolK New Member

YES!! IT'S TRUE... 41 YEARS!! AND I'M STILL SO IN LOVE!!

WELL TODAY IS OUR 41ST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! WOW!! FORTY-
    ONE YEARS... HOW TIME DOES FLY! AND THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I AM STILL SO IN LOVE WITH MY HUSBAND... FLAWS, WRINKLES, SHORTCOMINGS AND ALL! AFTER ALL, HE STILL LOVES ME WITH ALL MY FLAWS, WRINKLES (AND FAT) AND SHORTCOMINGS TOO!!

BUT HE ALSO HAS SOOOOO VERY MANY GOOD QUALITIES ABOUT HIM TOO!! THINK WE ARE GONNA GO OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT. WISH I COULD STILL FIT INTO MY WEDDING NIGHTGOWN... OH WELL, I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO IMPROVISE ON THAT ONE! ;O)

I'VE PREPARED A LITTLE TRIVIA QUIZ FOR HIM... LIKE, WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE PASTOR WHO MARRIED US?? WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE CHURCH WE GOT MARRIED AT. OR, WHAT WAS THE NAMES OF MY THREE BRIDESMAIDS? AND WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE JEWELRY STORE WHERE WE GOT OUR WEDDING RINGS??

I HAVE ABOUT 30 QUESTIONS I AM GONNA SPRING ON HIM... OH YES.. AND WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE HOTEL WHERE WE SPENT OUR HONEYMOON NIGHT?? SHOULD HAVE FUN WITH THIS!

JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE MY GOOD NEWS WITH YOU ALL!

BLESSINGS FROM THE BRIDE!! CAROLK

2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

How wonderful to have had 41 years together and still so much love and happiness abounds.

I married the love of my life 7 years ago. (Second marriage for me) I hope I live long enough to have 41 years with him.

Enjoy your night!

Eileen
  3. IacheIache

IacheIache New Member

Well thats something great to hear. 41 years is a long time
    Seems like people give up so easily nowadays.I'm going on 26 myself, and If I may say-It sure hasnt been easy.
    Congratulations again, I hope you have a wonderful celebration. Good For You!!
    Thea
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Congrats !!! Hope you have many more.
    I will be married to my wonderful hubby for 21 years this year. I have been with him since I was 16 and I am 39 this month !!
  5. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I LOVE your idea for the trivia quiz...How fun...I am going to use it this month, too...We are having our 40th anniversary on the 25th. I didnt have any new ideas, but now I do! Thanks to you. I am going to work in a little reward thing for so many answers correct. I think it might turn out to be a very fun night.

We are going to take a trip also, but not until June.

Again, congratulations on your anniversary and your long happiness together. It never comes easy, but WOW, is it worth it!

Jana
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I love to hear of marriages that have stood the test of time...You both are an inspiration!!!

Blessings to you both for your future and hopefully another 41 years of love...

~Alicia
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

In a day where half of the marriages fail, it is great telling someone Happy 41!

My husband and I have been married a little over 25 years. I can remember celebrating our 15 at a resturant. When the host asked how many years, and we told him 15, he said "WOW!Neither of my marriages made it that long in total!" We had to laugh.

Enjoy your day! I love your question list!

Happy Hugs,

Kim
  8. Charleen

Charleen New Member

So wonderful to have a great marriage and still be in love. I have been married for 30 year to a wonderful man too. In this day of to easy to get a divorce it is nice to know there are people who are still that much in love. My anniversary is in March and I too am going to play that game I think it is cute. Thank you Charleen
  9. Juloo

Juloo Member

I am so happy that you're celebrating up a storm...I would be too! It's been 16-going-on-17 for me and mine, and you know what? I think even *I* couldn't answer some of those questions...well, I DO have brain fog sometimes!

Congrats again -- hope I can one day match you!
  10. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

We celebrated our 41st anniversay this past June. In some ways it seems like a long time, but in other ways I can't believe it. We were both 16 when we got married. What are the odds on that? Knowing the Lord made the difference for us.

It's wonderful to hear of a couple staying married that long that actually still likes each other!! Ha ha, just kidding.

Have a great evening!

Kinsie
  11. sdown

sdown New Member

Have a nice dinner! Im half way there. I hope my husband continues to stick by me despite this illness from hell. So far so good! Wish you many more happy years!
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

...Happy anniversary to you, happy anniversary to you, happy anniversary.....dear CarolK.....Happy anniversary to you!!!!!! (singing off key, here) hee, hee ;)

Congratulations!!!!!!

How wonderful for you and your DH, may you have many more. I am not married but have been with the same man for 22 years-he is my soul mate, my rock and I am sure it is the same for you with your DH.

I love the game, may I steal it to play in October? hee, hee.........

Congratulations again,

Karen
  13. twerp

twerp New Member

As everyone's been saying, this is truly a great accomplishment in these times and you should be very proud of yourselves!

Here's to 41 more years!!

Hugs
    Twerp
  14. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Carol, That is amazing, not many people can say that anymore

God Bless you and your husband, Happy Anniversary and Many, Many More!~!

Hope your day is very special

Hugs,
    kgangel
  15. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

That is awesome! :)

God bless you both!

I wish you many more happy years together! :)

peach
  16. pam_d

pam_d New Member

And I love your trivia idea! You'll have to let us know how hubby does on the test!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hugs,
    Pam
  17. CarolK

CarolK New Member

YOU ALL BLESSED ME WITH YOUR WONDERFUL WISHES!!

AND TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE MADE THE 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 AND MORE YEARS.. I SAY A HARDY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AS WELL!! IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH IT!!

MY HUBBY IS MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART! ALTHOUGH WE WAITED TILL WE WERE 21 AND 22 BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED. NO ONE EVER SAID MARRIAGE WAS EASY... YOU DEFINATLEY HAVE TO WORK AT IT AND HAVE GENEOURS AMOUNTS OF FORGIVENESS, LOVE AND PATIENCE!! BUT MOST OF ALL, HAVING THE LORD IN OUR LIFE HAS MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD... I DON'T THINK WE WOULD HAVE MADE IT WITHOUT THE LORD IN OUR LIVES! SO HE ALONE GETS ALL THE CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE THOUGHT UP SO MANY NIFTY QUESTIONS FOR MY WEDDING/COURTSHIP TRIVIA GAME... LIKE WHERE WERE WE FOR OUR FIRST KISS.. WHERE DID WE GO TO CELEBRATE OUR ENGAGEMENT... WHAT WERE OUR WEDDING COLORS... AND MANY MORE. GONNA SPRING ALL THESE QUESTIONS ON HIM AT OUR SPECIAL DINNER TONIGHT.

AND YES!! FEEL FREE TO BORROW THE ANNIVERARY TRIVIA GAME.. I THINK IT'S A GREAT WAY TO CELEBRATE!! I REALLY HAD TO THINK HARD TO REMEMBER SOME OF THE DETAILS MYSELF CAUSE IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

AND JUST FYI.. WE HAVE FOUR WONDERFUL GROWN CHILDREN.. TWO BOYS AND TWO GIRLS... ONE SON IS A COMPUTER SYSTEMS TECH, OUR OTHER SON IS A CORPORATE PILOT, ONE DAUGHTER IS A DENTAL HYGIENIST AND THE OTHER DAUGHTER IS A FULL TIME WIFE AND MOMMY! WE HAVE 9 ADORABLE GRANDCHILDREN (2 BOYS AND 7 GIRLS!)

ONCE AGAIN... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR WISHES... AND THANKS FOR SHARING OUR GREAT DAY!! LOVE RULES!!

BLESSINGS TO ALL.... CAROLK

[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2006]
  18. CarolK

CarolK New Member

THE THANKYOU'S I WROTE!

THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL FOR JOINING IN MY CELEBRATION!!

CAROLK

PS... I WILL DEFINATELY LET YOU KNOW HOW MY HUBBY SCORED ON MY TRIVIA TEST!
  19. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I grew up where people stayed married for life. My brother is 47 and have been with his wife since he was 17 and she was 14. my sister have been with her boyfriend for 17 years (she's too "modern" to get married,,,LOL!). I have had 3 relations since I was 19, the "black sheep", then! I feel good when I see people like you! Congratulations!
  20. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

You and your DH sound like an awesome couple! Congrats on your 41st anniversary. I hope you enjoy your evening out!

My DH and I have been together for 33 years and will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in August. I had to laugh at your trivia questions ... my DH is a sweetheart and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but I know for a fact that he wouldn't be able to answer more than a couple of those questions, LOL! I can't wait to hear how your DH fared on your trivia game!

Kat