Marshall protocol-reporting back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by winsomme, Sep 11, 2008.

1. winsomme

winsomme New Member

i just wanted to report back on my own personal situation in regards to the MP.

i am about 6 months in on the MP and after reading that lowering my 25-D levels to an extremely low level (currently at 8ng/mL), I might be triggering a parathyroid problem which could lead to other problems like bone resorption I asked my Doc to check my PTH levels.

so long story short, my levels are:

25-D 8ng/mL

125-D 22 pg/mL

PTH 20 pg/mL

Calcium 9.5mg/dL

i take the Benicar 4 times per day, which brings the 125-D level down. previous to starting the MP my 125-D level was around 60pg/mL i believe.

i'm not sure what this means exactly in the grand scheme, but my PTH levels have not risen with my very low 25-D levels and also my calcium is right in the middle or normal.

i will continue to monitor it as i go along.

as for being on the MP, i would say it is too early to tell, but I haven't hit any of the danger zones that some have warned of. I'm not trying to convince anybody to try or not try the MP, i just wanted to report in on what was happening with me.

the role of Vit D in our condition i think is a really important one (whether it should be supplemented or avoided), so i hope that we can keep the dialogue going.

[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2008]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I too am doing the MP tho my 'life' keeps getting in the way and it's taking longer than I thought.

I'm going to start phase 3 soon... just as soon as I get over a really bad UTI that is...

please keep us updated, glad to see it's helping you too!

all the best,

3. victoria

victoria New Member

yes I feel it has helped me a lot. What hasn't helped is life getting in the way of finishing it. Still waiting to start phase 2...

I can tell you I had to get off thyroid after doing it... after 20 years of taking it! Lost all hip pain that was crippling me more than my 87 yo MIL. And got more energy.

But I need to get back on it... packing and moving out of a house we lived in for 21 years and then driving 2,000 miles hasn't helped...

As you know, not everyone can do it, but if you're one who can, you'll likely get benefits.