Marshall protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jennyflower33, May 15, 2006.

1. Jennyflower33

Jennyflower33 New Member

anyone tried this protocol or know much about it? just had it suiggested to me and clicked on library at the top and typed it in but theres lots to read and my mind is fuzzy!
  2. jerzygal

jerzygal New Member

check your original post, I just added a reply after reading that protocol. I urge some caution first and why not wait until you are more alert to be able to read that protocol all the way through.
    Ellyn
  3. Jennyflower33

Jennyflower33 New Member

its so hard to know what to do for the best...
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know there are some who are improving on this treatment, including Sujay, a physician with CFIDS, but I am not convinced it is safe. I am improving on the treatment plan I'm on and will likely stick with it. I am open minded and would consider any new treatment but I have to be convinced it is safe.

Love, Mikie
  5. jimbbb

jimbbb New Member

Jenny,
    I've been following the Marshall Protocol site for a couple of years now and have seen many, many make steady recovery progress from many chronic diseases. There are those who have CFS/FM who have greatly improved (as Banka8 herself said). It might not be what you need now, but someday you will come back to it after everything else has failed -- that's pretty much the story of most MPer's and they are all glad that they found it. Also Trevor Marshall does state that CFS patients seem to have a tougher time on it, and that it might be due to the nature of CFS (bacteria makeup, extent of the illness spread, extent of past supplementations and other past treatments). But don't just take our word, go to the site and read thru some of the CFS postings and the FAQs -- or as much as your fogginess will allow.
  6. Mugrat

Mugrat New Member

Hi Jennyflower and everyone else,

I got sick in 1982 and have had battles with CFS on and off ever since. I have been with my fantastic doctor for the past 18 tears and followed his journey through the various treatments for the problem. I am doing the Marshall Protocl and am determined to keep on with it. It makes the best sense to me of all the explanations for my varying health and recurring CFS.

Yes, you have bad times on the treatment but I'm finding they are more predictable than the bad days/weeks I had before, so in a way they are more manageable. I am persevering with it and hoping to be my old self again ASAP.

All the best.

Marg (Mugrat)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  7. jimbbb

jimbbb New Member

Marg,
    You mentioned that you had troubles with minomycin, but have been able to tolerate Zithromax better? It was my impression (from reading the MP) that Z was a more powerful Abx (which is why it is left to Phase 2 instead of Phase 1).
    But you just jumped right in with Z?? You are brave.
    Also most 'intolerances' to minomycin are thought to be simply that it is producing herxing -- not a real intolerance, allergic reaction or any other reaction. In fact many people with MCS are still able to tolerate mino.
    Have you tried adding mino back in again since you started?
    (normally in Phase 2 you'd be doing Mino and Z together I believe). The idea is that bacteria one Abx doesn't get the other one would -- and thus you would not end up with a bunch of resistant bacteria that was unaffected simply taking over areas that had formerly been cleared of bacteria.