Marshall Protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marystuff, Oct 24, 2006.

1. marystuff

marystuff New Member

Ill for 13 years, diagnosed with FMS/CFS and more...I nearly gave-up. I started the Marshall Protocol, , about 18 months ago and the trend-line has gone from a downward line to a noticable, if slow-rising, upward trend.

Wondering if anyone has heard of the MP and their stories.

2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

There are a few people on here doing the MP. Many have left the board and seldom post here anymore after starting the MP.

I was on the MP for 14 months and followed the request of a LLMD to try his protocol after being diagnosed with Lyme.

I didn't realize how much improvement I had made till I got off it for awhile. Needless to say I'm back on the MP. To me its just slow steady progress as it takes at least 2 years to start knocking down the majority of bacteria that has been keeping us ill for so long.

When I first started the MP there were very few success stories from cfs/fm/lyme patients. Now that people have been on it for 2 years or so there are MANY success stories being posted on the board.

To me its the train ride home, back to the person I use to be as I've chatted with too many people enjoying their lives again.

The protocol is even easier to follow with the use of the Spectra 3 sunscreen.

3. johnston

johnston New Member

connection to or similarities to the quaifenisin protocol? Rhonda
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Nothing in common at all. This is a cutting edge protocol that is changing how the medical community looks at diseases. Please search out the web site in your spare time and read about it. It oould change your life.
  5. johnston

johnston New Member

try the site listed in the original posting. I guess if that doesn't do it, I'll do a search. Rhonda
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

If you check the 'Library' link up above, there's been a couple of articles, including an interview with Trevor Marshall.

And it has been discussed before, if you do a search up above, you'll find all sorts of discussion about it. What JarJar says is true... in fact, Dr. SueJay who used to post here has done it herself, and J has told me she has quite a few pts on it now.

I am also on the MP and very happy to be.

all the best,
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 10/31/2006</i>]
  7. jarjar

jarjar New Member

About the second section down of the web site is essential information for the MP. YOu will find Success Stories and many things in that area.

Also click right below that section in MP FAQ. It will be of help.

Hope you can try it as I mentioned it is easier to follow these days with the sunscreen and shades and hat you can get out and live a more normal life.

8. jarjar

jarjar New Member

It is too early for published studies. I do know it is being submitted to review for a new lyme treatment.

Sujay a doc that use to post here a couple of years ago has somewhere between 250 to 200 cfs/fm patients on the protocol. She went into remission on it as well as her son. At one time she planned on submitting a study on it.
    Haven't talked about it to her recently.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

and of course it is depending on type of jobs etc...

The reason 2nd & 3rd phase isn't given out is because so many people start to do their own modifications and then say they tried it and it didn't work...

AND of course, this, just like everything else, isn't necessarily tolerated by everyone... always controversial, just like giving more than one month of abx for chronic Lyme, or chronic Lyme itself, not to mention CFDS and FM.

10. jarjar

jarjar New Member

They are only adding a few more antibiotics in the mix on the phases you can't see.

From what I understand they don't want people jumping the gun and going too fast without posting their progress and vita D levels before they move on.

If one progresses too fast they could get in a major big time herx and they want to avoid that.

Maybe you could check into drug coverage thru programs that help people who's insurance won't cover cost. Just a thought.

11. jarjar

jarjar New Member

The reason I said that was that I get one of my medicines from a drug company that has a plan for people that can't afford their product or their insurance will not cover it. It is not part of the marshall protocol but I was surprised when my doc contacted them and they found out I was on disability they said sure we will send it to you for free.

Not sure if one can do that with benicar as it is probably the most expensive drug. Most of the other drugs in the MP are available in generic. I remember seeing a post on lyme net where you can gets lots of abx for free. I need to find that post and put it on the lyme board.
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

if you don't mind my asking Carla... are you thinking the herxes would be too much to handle and get in the way of working?

13. victoria

victoria New Member

My problem was/is, none of the tests in the past ever showed anything. And, they are supposed to be used for guidelines; the clinical picture is what is supposed to count. And the blood tests are not that reliable in testing for stealth pathogens sadly.

That's why I decided to try the MP... After just doing the benicar for a few weeks, I lost the pain in my hips. That proved to me there was something.

Benicar has also been used for other health problems... apparently certain bacteria have receptor sites for it, as it is an angiotension receptor blocker, thus disabling them.

I'd love to know exactly what bugs or virii I have, but mostly want to get better. Altho tests I have had never show anything, I don't doubt the virii are in there too - since having mono for a year and mono-related meningitis is what started it all for me, but that never even showed positive on repeated testing later either.

My son has tested + according to CDC standards for chronic Lyme, twice... but many don't until they've undergone treatment. It is proving to be a long haul for him doing the long-term abx protocol.

This is a good example of what I'm talking about: they are trying him on treatment for Bartonella now since his cognitive symptoms have not begun to clear up. His test for Bartonella and other co-infections did not show any positives, but he is having a major herx to this particular protocol... which would indicate he does have it.

In conclusion, I don't think there's any easy answers for anyone who has anything that might be considered an 'autoimmune disease', the medical field's catch-all term for anything they don't know how to cure.

And like cancer, no one 'thing' is probably going to do it for everyone, given all our other subsets of problems that are probably genetically determined (ie, pathogens of all types end up where we're genetically weakest).

all the best,
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 10/31/2006</i>]
  14. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I totally understand where you are coming from but I do want to point out to others that the MP is not just for people with lyme. We all have cell wall defecient bacteria be it lyme, mycoplasma or whatever that is keeping us ill. That is what the MP addresses.
  15. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

So curious about this treatment. I'll keep watching for your responses.
  16. Okie48

Okie48 New Member

I started the Marshall Protocol in January. I am looking for someone to compare notes with or could possibly answer some questions for me. Can you help?&lt;BR&gt;