Marshall protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Mar 28, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I really want to give this a go as I feel antibiotics work for me but how can I get my reumy doc to help he just laughed at me when I spoke about the Guia protocol.
    He is nice but doe s he have the right to deny me treatment which I thnk helps me.
    Clertyx
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

One idea is to go into the MP Success stories and go towards the end. You will find many patients with Fm/cfs/lyme all improving. Make copies of these for him to read.
    If he doesn't go for it seek out another doctor.
  3. dtj

dtj New Member

>One idea is to go into the MP Success stories and go towards the end. You will find many patients with Fm/cfs/lyme all improving. Make copies of these for him to read.<

Unfortunately when you go to the MP Success stories and then go to the individual progress reports, you find out that the Success stories are not so successfull and patients are still experiencing the same deblitating symptoms that they describe at the the beginning of the start of their protocol therapy. Many are coming up to the 3 year mark on the protocol with no end in sight.

4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

PATIENTS BILL OF RIGHTS 11/06/06 04:57 AM

Patients’ Bill of Rights

I. Information Disclosure
    You have the right to receive accurate and easily understood information about your health plan, health care professionals, and health care facilities. If you speak another language, have a physical or mental disability, or just don’t understand something, assistance will be provided so you can make informed health care decisions.

II. Choice of Providers and Plans
    You have the right to a choice of health care providers that is sufficient to provide you with access to appropriate high-quality health care.

III. Access to Emergency Services
    If you have sever pain, an injury, or sudden illness that convinces you that your health is in serious jeopardy, you have the right to receive screening and stabilization emergency services whenever and wherever needed, without prior authorization or financial penalty.

IV. Participation in Treatment Decisions
    You have the right to know all your treatment options and to participate in decisions about your care. Parents, guardians, family members, or other individuals that you designate can represent you if you cannot make your own decisions.

V. Respect and Nondiscrimination
    You have a right to considerate, respectful and nondiscriminatory care from your doctors, health plan representatives, and other health care providers.

VI. Confidentiality of Health Information
    You have the right to talk in confidence with health care providers and to have your health care information protected. You also have the right to review and copy your own medical record and request that your physician amend your record if it is not accurate, relevant, or complete.

VII. Complaints and Appeals
    You have the right to a fair, fast, and objective review of any compliant you have against your health plan, doctors, hospitals or other health care personnel. This includes complaints about waiting times, operating hours, the conduct of health care personnel, and the adequacy of health care facilities.

For more information on patients rights and responsibilities:

Prescription Medicines and You, presents information on what you need to do to take your medicines safely, and how to get help when you need it.

Agency for Health care Research and Quality (AHRQ), a part of the U.S.

Sue

5. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

If you are interested in the Marshall Protocol you can ask the moderators at the Marshall Protocol site and they will email you a list of the doctors who are treating patients with the Marshall Protocol in you area.

Don't give up. Rheumy's are not very open to the Marshall Protocol or any other protocol. They have a standard treatment plan and don't want to rock the boat.

The people to ask about the Marshall Protocol are people who are on it. The Marshall Protocol is not for the weak spiritied or someone who must have instant results. You have to realize that we are very sick and killing these bacteria takes time to do safely. Many organs of our bodies are affected. I have been on the MP for a year and half and expect to be on it for another year but I have had lots of improvements and I know I'm going have many more. It is amazing how chronic problems start to fade away. The Marshall Protocol medications do such a good job of killing bacteria and kicking in our innate immunity that we are in a constant state of herx. However it can be managed. The expression "no pain no gain really does apply to us".

Take care and I hope you find yourself on the road to good health soon.

Judy
  6. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I guess we must have read different success stories. I know first hand of people that are getting their live back together and have gone into remission.

My doc has over 200 patients on the MP and I know the results she is getting. Yes you will find people on the board struggling.

But a large majority of the patients like me very seldom even post on the board as we are getting better and don't have need to post.

As posted its not a quick fast deal but nice slow progress that is great.

Once again the MP is not for everyone.

7. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Is it possible to see results if portions of the protocal (such as covering all windows) are not done? Just asking. It is probably better to do the entire program as with anything but thought I'd take a shot to see if any one had success ommitting that portion.

Thanks.
  8. dtj

dtj New Member

>I guess we must have read different success stories. I know first hand of people that are getting their live back together and have gone into remission. <

Jarjar

I know of only one person reporting on the MP site, with the FM/CFS/ME diagnosis, to have declared a cure/remission in the Success storys , this about 2 months ago, yet when you read his subsequent progress reports, you find out he has recently had an ER visit and out-of-norm clinical testing related to the disease, has only made it thru 1/2 the protocol dosage medications levels and combinations, and is still experiencing daily and significant disease symptomology.

After just about 3 years usage of this protocol, by FM/CFS/ME types, I am only hearing about vague, inconsistant, anacdotal improvements, that never seem to jive with the factual reporting.

People need to know this before investing considerable, time, hope, and money in this protocol.
  9. clerty

clerty New Member

I stay in Singapore so I might be fighting a loosing battle here they are not really upto date with Fibro or M.e the dont even have support groups I was thinking of geting one set up but I culd not commit myself with feeling so poorly.
    Clertyx
  10. jarjar

jarjar New Member

AS stated I know many people who have recovered and have left the board. Go look up lonestartick just as one example off the top of my mind or Semper Fi. There are many other boards besides this one where I hear MP success stories. Lonestar or Semper may have lyme listed as one of their symptoms but as Sujay, the dr. that use to post here says about all cfs/fm patients would test positive for lyme with sophisticated labs such as Igenex.

Matter of fact I know of a book being put together about MP recoveries.

Perhaps I can talk Dr. Sujay the beloved dr. that use to post here and recovered with the Mp to come back and tell of all the success with her patients.

Personally I'm so thankful I can work part time again and do volunteer work at my kids school due to the MP.

I will not be posting anymore on this thread.

Banka please send me a PM on the MP board so I can share with you something that Sujay uses to make the MP work even faster. Please only leave your email as PMessages are not private on that board.

jar

[This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
  11. clerty

clerty New Member

for all the information very much appreciated!!!

Clertyx
  12. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Thanks for the information. You guessed it was because I am in Florida and we always have the light that that portion of the plan concerned me. It was a wild thought, but I see your point. As you go through the program, you want the darkness.

Continued success!