marta608 anyone.cohousing Massachusets etc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NanceZ, Jul 17, 2006.

1. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

Has anyone gone to the place in Massachusets that offers rest and relaxation for CFS folks? I read about it through the co-housing for CFS'ers site.

I'm tempted to go there and stay a few days but wonder if anyone has been there??
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi! I was of the impression that this was a full-time living arrangement. I didn't know that we could go for a short time rest but if you go, let us know.

Sorry, not to be more helpful.

Marta
  3. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

Yes for now, the MA one is for a rest for striclty CFS folks. There are no pets, they are aware of the need for chemical free-ness :) no smoking of course and so on. I emailed with the woman and she said 50 dollars per night but less if I was to stay more than a couple of nights. I would want to stay more than a few since it'd cost me to get there form Michigan. It also says if you fill out the survey on the co-housing site, then 2 mights are free. (I just don't want to go there and not really rest and be sale spitched about the SC project or something like that).

On the co-housing web site there is a link to the place...

I'm just dreaming of getting away and it looks beautiful there on the water in Gloucester.

We'll see!
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Ah! I didn't realize that.

I sure know what you mean about not wanting to be pestered but I doubt if they'd do that. Don't you think if they did, they wouldn't get much return business? Fifty dollars a day is a great price but what comes with it?

See, I'm too lazy tonight to look it up myself. lol

I'm north of Brighton MI. Maybe it would be simpler to go to a nice hotel or motel for a few days. More expensive but you wouldn't have the flight so it might be a wash.

Marta
  5. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

I know there are no meals prepared......... but an available kitchen.....which would be fine with me!

Tis ok to be 'lazy' as I know that probably isn't what keeps you from reading more about it :)

I live in Grand rapids but lived in Brighton (and then Howell) for a couple of years back in '77. Yikes, i'm getting old!

I grew up in Redford and my siblings and mom all live in suburban detroit so i cross over that way off and on.......... 5 times in the last 6 weeks actually due to a funeral, some family needs and a graduation from college. That's way too often!

I'll let you know if I go to the Mass place. It seems doubtful but i'm still intrigued! I feel a little drawn as I was looking into co-housing opportunities here in GR as a new one is organizing (way to costly for me though) and then at the same time you brought up the SC place (or someone did).

Thanks for 'listening' :)
  6. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

I am having a terrible day today and if there were a place here in NC where I could go I would.I grew up on Cape Cod Mass. so it would be nce to get back up there for a bit.

How did you find out about it. And how can I find out if there is any place close to me.

Im feeling so bad I'm ready to check into a hospital..not that you can get any rest there. But I am in tears in pain.I need help desperately.

Can family,a child stay with you too? Or is the perpose to get away from family to recoop for awhile. I wonder who funds it? Is it fo people with fibro too?

Curious
    Sally
  7. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

If you can, look up pwc co housing with the dot then an org

Down the page is the info of the "Retreat"

The way I read it, no families or even caregivers.... though they hope to be able to include them next year (caregivers at least)

If you are unable, let me know and I'll write up more later as i have appointments this morning and my eyes are terrible right now (the Sarcoidosis I have......erghhhh) (Please put my name in the title so I can find your response easily.

Thanks and prayers for less pain for you this day!

(edited because my typing was HORRIBLE this monring!)[This Message was Edited on 07/18/2006]
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hmmmmm, I lived in Howell in the 60s and early 70s too. Maybe we were neighbors! Maybe that's where this DD came from!!! ;>)

Sally, I'm so sorry to hear that you're in such pain.

Marta