mass on liver

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missybellizzi, Oct 23, 2005.

1. missybellizzi

missybellizzi New Member

Just wondering if anyone here has ever had a mass on their liver? If so what did it turn out to be? Or if you have any ideas of what it could be. My doctor at the er noticed a mass on my liver on mt ct scan but they are not sure what it is because the actual ct scan was of my kidneys. They just happened to notice this on my liver. I am going to get it checked out soon. Any responses will be appreciated!

Missy
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I had an abdominal ultrasound a few weeks ago and they found a cyst (the technician called it a mass but the radiology report said it was a cyst). My doctors weren't at all worried since it was only one and said they'd keep an eye on it.

Jan
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

One can have cysts and things which will sometimes be interpreted as "masses."

Many of these are not troublesome and represent nothing serious.

It is imperative, however, that it be fully examined.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....my doctor and the scan technician both refered to it as a "simple cyst" and told me it means nothing, lots of people have them. So don't worry too much yet, but do get it evaluated soon---if for no other reason than you don't need to be worrying needlessly if it's not a problem.

Keep us posted, we'll be praying it's not something serious.

((Hugs))
    Pam