Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilaclover30, Apr 17, 2007.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I know that this is not a very cheerful subject, but the HORRIBLE things that Virginia Tech students and faculty have been going through. We were glued to the TV from mid-afternoon on (except for Dancing With the Stars) yesterday and most od today.

Can you imagine what the parents went through waiting----and waiting---and waiting!!!!

God Bless them all and may their hearts eased with time and friends and family.

I hope that none of you had family there.

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Can you imagine! You proudly send your child off to college---only to receive a phone call that some deranged person has gone on a killing binge and killed your child.

I pray that I never have to experience that level of grief. It is beyond human understanding.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

On top of this a 5 year old child in Michigan was killed when a flag pole was knocked over by the high winds!!! On the playground at her school! I heard this right after watching coverage of the massacre.

Our kids aren't safe anywhere! It terrifies me. I pray every morning for extra guardian angels for my boys and granddaughter, because we really need them in a world like this!!

So terribly sad!!
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

It seems so many of the tragedies that happen in the US are in April. How can we put the cat back in the bag?? How can we as a nation take back the safety of our country? I feel so much sorrow for the families and friends of the victims. It sounds so insignificant but I wish them well.

5. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Very sad. I find myself feeling for the many Iraq and American humans that are killed everyday in war. The 70 educated young women that were killed in Bagdad bomb explosion while going to class comes to mind.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2007]
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I too have been watching almost non stop to all of this craziness. I guess you just try to find out as much info as you can to see if you can make any sense of why it happened.

My sister is a senior at Virginia Tech. When I saw the news report I was immediately terrified. I called her right away and thank God she answered and was ok.

She has classes in the same rooms where he killed people. Had he waited until later in the day to attack she would have been there. Very scary!

I am so thankful that she is ok. She said it is quite a scene down there. She is a bit shaken up by the whole thing but is doing ok.

My boyfriends sister is having a bit of a rough time though as a girl that worked with her over summer and winter breaks was one of the people killed in the attack. I went and spent some time with her yesterday as it was a rough day for her at their work.

It was very sad to hear her story. People desperately trying to get a hold of her through out the day and getting no answer...finally getting the word that she had been killed.

How very awful this whole thing was. My heart goes out to everyone involved.

Take Care!
  7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I really wish they would not have shown the gunman's picture and made public some of his rantings.

I'm concerned that a copy cat incident may happen. This deranged gunman WANTED to become famous, or he wouldn't have sent all that material to the newsmedia.

I don't have an answer to all of this mayhem.