Massage Chair Just got one and love it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Jun 15, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

In case anyone is interested in a massage chair, just wanted to post this.

I bought a "Stretching Human Touch Chair" from the Sharper Image Auction Store on Ebay, so I got it for less than half price. It is a "Like New/Refurbished" chair.

The reason I decided to buy this one was that I had tried various ones at different stores already and liked this one the best. We have a sharper image store here in town.

I love this one because of the stretching motion.
    I have severe back pain on top of the fibromyalgia and myofascial pain, so this really helps my back, shoulders and neck.

Here's the deal though, because it is not new, you take a risk purchasing it, however they have a 30 day return feature and you get it for less than 50% off. Well, the delivery guys said the box fell apart on them in the truck so they had taken it out of the box in the truck. But I asked them to leave the box in case of problems.

I went to use it and it made a "huge" pop noise like something broke. Then I noticed a couple of other things wrong with it. When I searched it I found the reason for the "pop" was that it actually had cracked underneath.

So, I called sharper image number on the pkg slip. She said no problem we will ship another one and you should receive it in 7 to 10 business days.

It has not been time yet, but once I do get the replacement one I will post about it and let you know how it went.

Okay, hope this info. helps someone.
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Have you ever tried the kind that cost about a hundred dollars, and it has rollers underneath the back part of the cushioned chair, that rolls up and down your back? It has four different controls...I only tried in for a minute in the store.

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the money...

Plus, where else can you find what your talking about? Which store and for how much retail??
  3. livin4him

livin4him New Member

do you know what the name of the chair was? Was it actually a chair or just a cushion that you put in a chair?

I have one of those cushions and it really doesn't do much for me. The cushion has 2 balls in it that massage. They now have a new one that has 4 balls in it.

Where I bought mine was from Ebay - the Sharper Image Auction Store. Just check out massage chairs on ebay and see what comes up. Retail this chair was pretty expensive. But they have them on ebay for 1/2 price and below.
  4. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Just this week my mother brought over a Homedics Shiatsu Massaging Cushion for me to try. It has four balls that roll and manipulate your back muscles.

I really like it. At first it hurt a bit, but I found that as it works out the knots in my back, it leaves me feeling better. No miracle, but it does give me some relief. I was worried at first that it might leave me very sore after all the pressure, but woke up the next morning without being sore. I've used it quite often the last few days.

She bought it for me at Walmart for somewhere around $80 -90.

Sylvia

5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I never thought to look at walmart but the one your speaking of is the same one I tried out at Bed, Bath, & Beyond when I was with my wife... Thanks!

And thanks livin4him for having this thread.. I'm down in the back and neck real bad tonight... So I'm looking for any relief..
  6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I bought the shiatsu massaging cushion today..Your right, it does hurt at first, but the longer it rolls up and down your back, the better it feels. I'll have to give it a couple of weeks though to get a better idea... Thanks for the info!
  7. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

MrPain

I have been using my cushion in the mornings to work out some of the knots and periodically during the day. It seems to help some and so far hasn't hurt. Hope it does you some good.

Lukro
    I also have a massage cushion that sounds sort of like the one you have. Mine is full length and has "massage action" that feels more like just vibration. It does help to loosen tense muscles some for me. I just wish it had heat for the full length rather than just the lumbar region!!

Sylvia