Massage Cushion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1faith, Oct 11, 2006.

1. 1faith

1faith New Member

Silly probably, but I got one of those shiatsu massage cushions where those balls rotate up and down my back. It "hurts so good". Question is, if I sit here long enough will those knots in my back go away or will I make it worse if too long?
  2. 1faith

1faith New Member

Thanks Prickles-and bruised is a good description of the after-effect! What's the longest you've used yours at one time?
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I, personally, can not use this type of unit. The vibration makes my hear feel quite strange.

If possible a massage from someone experienced with dealing with pain is great. They have helped me so much.

I hope you find relief some how. Have you soaked in a tub with Empom or Dead Sea Salts? It helps so much with pain and sore muscles.
  4. 1faith

1faith New Member

Haven't done it yet-actually just got the Epsom yesterday when I got the cushion!
  5. 1faith

1faith New Member

I tried it yesterday-it would've been hilarious to watch! I think maybe I wasn't doing it right-the ball kept popping out from under me. Finally I gave up and just rolled it around back there as best I could with my other hand. Is there a secret to technique?:)
  6. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

To drink lots of water during and after as it helps to remove the toxins from your body that the massage releases into your body.
  7. 1faith

1faith New Member

Thanks for the water info-that never occurred to me. I wonder if my lack of fluid intake all these years could be part of what brought this mess on. I have to MAKE myself drink-I hardly ever get thirsty. I keep telling my doc I feel like I'm poisoned-maybe I am! Out of curiosity-how was your last pregnancy with FMS?
  8. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

Sorry for the delayed response, I usually only go on the board in the am....

My fibro was actually very mild during the pregnancy. I am on Pamelor and Paxil for Fibro, I stopped the pamelor but stayed on paxil per dr. recomendation. At the end of the pregnancy my lower back did give me a lot of trouble, but that is par for the course with being pregnant.

As for the water thing, I need to increase my intake as well, but I know a couple of people that are masseurs and they strongly recomend the water after massage.

Are you pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant?
  9. 1faith

1faith New Member

Thanks for sharing about your pg with FMS!yes I am going to get pregnant-soon I hope-I'm 41. It may sound strange to you, but through an interesting series of events I was PROMISED by GOD 2 children through a man with a gift of prophecy-I didn't know him and never saw him again. He even told me what they would be like! My daughter is 28 months old now-I didn't wait on purpose-just took 12 years to get her here. I know I need to get better before little brother comes.