Massages

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowanMom, Aug 28, 2006.

1. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

Have any of you gotten your insurance to pay for your massage(s)? If so, how did you go about that and how often do you go?

Thanks!

~Amy~
  2. a-b

a-b New Member

I called my insurance and asked if they would cover my massages. They will only cover them if done by a licensed physical therapist not a licensed massage therapist and the doctor will have to write the orders.

I've been going to a LMT who understands about FM and pressure points. She has been wonderful! Hate to give her up but it's expensive.

Also the physical therapy place has never called me back. They were checking to see if any of their therapists could do this type of massage.

So I am in limbo yet. Will probably keep going to the same gal and pay $50 each time. If I could get the PT to do it, it would be $10 each time and I could go every week!

AB
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

IowanMom:

I get two a month. A young girl trying to start a practice comes with her own table.

A real bargain.

Yes, it helps me.

I never looked into the insurance angle, but will now.

nyrofan
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

If you don't have any luck with the suggestions above, you might check out massage therapy schools. They often have their seasoned students do massages at a great rate. One local school here advertises $15/$25 depending upon the type of massage. A lot cheaper than day spas, etc.

Just a thought...

Hugs,
    pam
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

My Insurance paid a particular dollar amount (of course I do not now remember what the amount was) for physical therapy. I got massage along with myofascial release and cranialsacral release (and maybe some other stuff too). It was great while it lasted. I went every other week until the money ran out.