massive chronic dry eyes and joint pain with out swelling????

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by boscosmom, Aug 31, 2008.

1. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

does anyone have this???
    also, pressure in the head...and heavy/tight face muscles???
    i am worried about these symptoms.
    thanks so much, sc
  2. Daisys

Daisys Member

It would depend on your meds, etc. If you've started a new med recently, you should have an information sheet. It will tell you what to expect, and when you should tell your doctor about it. If you didn't get one, or it was a supplement, maybe your pharmicist can be of help.

I do know joint pain without swelling is a symptom of lyme, which I have. I know nothing about dry eyes.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that.
  3. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

Fluoroquinolone antibiotics like cipro, levaquin, floxin, avelox, are notorious for causing joint pain, muscle weakness, tendon pain, neuropathies and other symptoms. Dry eyes being on of these symptoms.
  4. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

you are really very helpful and reassuring to me....
    yep the face stuff sounds just like me heavy, pulling, pushing down...the pressure in my brain it seems..or just within the skull..throwing vision off, making me light headed, speach feels weird to me but, not to others...

so many strange things...i can't stand this DD.

i don't take any meds except occasional tylenol for the pain and then the doxy.

my major improvement on the doxy is my stomach..

then the miracle neuro days too...but, i have really bad ones in that department as well.

my newest symptom...well, actually, i had it in the very beginning 3.5 yrs ago is the feeling like my face is moving or crawling or tickling or stinging...all these weird feelings generally concentrated around my mouth and tip of nose...

when my head pressure is really bad...like i am doing a hand stand..it is hard for me to walk right and the face really feels like it is moving but, it isn't visible at all...so weird.

ty again, chris
  5. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

Hi. You responded to a few of my posts on the FM board. We have had many of the same symptoms. I have had the heavy feeling in the head and the tingling on face and tip of nose too. The symptom that is scaring me the most is shaky muscles that started in my legs and are now in my arms and back.

I was recently tested for Lyme with a negative result from Western Blot. Did you do another kind of test? How did you find a LLMD?

Thanks.

Christy

6. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

through igenex...but, i was positive on IFA too which is the same as ELISA.
    my only positives on WB IGG was 41 and 31 bands.
    good luck to you, sc
  7. asmom15

asmom15 New Member

I suffer with this all the time. I have fm and cfs for about 9 years now. This has just been a problem for me over the last 3 years. I live on eye drops. Also I am 49 and going thru perimentapose, so that my be a factor. Also just found out I am vitamin D deficient. So maybe some areas to check out. Take care
  8. ticksmeoff1

ticksmeoff1 New Member

I have much of the same. The dry eyes and mouth have gotten a little better lately, but now I have a headache that won't go away. Neck hurts, scalp and head feel tight. . .worse if I bend over. . .five weeks now. . .better at night. I have this weird sensation sometimes around my eyes and nose. It feels as if I have glasses on when I don't. Susan kspjbp@hotmail.com
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I just left ya a message concerning LLMD's on the other

Post you visited. Hope you see It!

Huggles,
    MRDAD
    P.S. For dry mouth, (often caused by some Meds) try
    "Stopper4DryMouth" Spray "bottle"4 ozs. about $6 and
    works pretty good! (Walgreen's Pharmacy)[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  10. tree1006

tree1006 New Member

New to this site. See you have not posted since 08 Do you still have scalp and tight head as well as the weird sensations around eyes and nose. I can't believe some one is feeling how I feel I think. Did it finally go away or do you still have. This is driving me crazy!!!!!
    Thanks
    Tree