MASSIVE HEADACHE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Jul 13, 2003.

1. dd

dd New Member

Hi all, I am sitting here typing this wearing sunglasses because me head is pounding so bad.

I have had migraines in the past that have been relieved by Fiorinal. I have taken 3 already today and it hasn't touched it...but I don't think this is a migraine.

I am guessing that this is an after effect from the IVIG infusion that I had done on Friday. They did say that I could develop a headache and flu like symptoms. I felt half way decent yesterday and them WAM today I woke up with a headache from hell. It is not a migraine...or at least I don't think so...I haven't had the vision problems that I do with migraines...it just hurts like hell...especially in the back of my head/neck.

I have Darvacets but haven't taken one yet. Aren't the Fiorinal's stronger than Darvacet? I also have some Robaxin and Ultram but don't know which one to try. I have been alternating with heat and ice and been in a dark room all day...what else is one to do? Also have been rubbing Ben-Gay on my neck, back and temples.

Any advice.......

Love,

Debbie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have had headaches so bad I was almost blinded with them.

If you think yours is from the infusion, then you should call the doctor or a pharmacist. There must be something they could give you to conteract it.

Maybe what you are taking is making it worst.

The only thing I would suggest, is drink plenty of water untill you can get to the doctor.

So sorry you are in so much pain, been there many times.

Shalom, Shirl