Math problem...please help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I am so math stupid! What is 1/12 times 2/7? The book is telling me it's 1/16 and I can't come up with that for the world!
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

could they be wrong? I get 1/42.

scratching head...
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

we're right.
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

That is the answer we keep coming up with....1/42. But why is this book saying the answer is 1/16?

My sister is studying for her teacher's exam.....she has been a special ed teacher for years but had to quit due to her health. She is now ready again but has to retake the test since her origianl scores have been lost.

Any way, this is the third math propblem that has a different answer so far. Thanks agian.
  5. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

We are a pretty smart bunch aren't we?? See how quick we are to stand up to a challenge? Ok, I've fried all of my brain cells for the night.

Thanks Rafiki, for sending that web site. I shot it on over to my sister for more future problems.

6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

1/42, your book is wrong.
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

My son's trying to review basic math..... every so often he comes and questions me as to why something didn't turn out.

Turns out, the answers often are WRONG. It's hard enough to know if he's thinking clearly without the added problem of the book being wrong... sheesh!

Maybe your sister could apply to be a book editor?

good luck to her, hopefully the test won't have wrong answers keyed in either!