Mattress shopping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seadachshundlover, May 26, 2006.

1. seadachshundlover

seadachshundlover New Member

Has anyone tried a Tempur-pedic type mattress? Is it helpful and comfortable for one with fibromyalgia? Thanks.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have three Tempurpedic beds in my house plus one for my mother and brother. I bought my first one ten years ago and love it.

Contrary to what some people say, they are not "hot". Some people who have never owned one say they are hot.

The last one I bought is the "Celebrity" King adjustable which consists of two twin extra long mattresses in the king frame. There are dual controls. I have GERD and need to elevate the head of my side of the bed at night.

There is one other bed I tried in the store which I thought was very comfortable, it is called the Royalpedic.

It is a combination of memory foam, springs, and all. It also felt very good.

One recommendation, buy directly from the Tempurpedic company and I believe you have 90 days to return it if you do not like it. They are very friendly people.

[This Message was Edited on 05/26/2006]
  3. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

Hey, there is a mattress that is alot like tempur pedic but it is a lot better in a couple ways. It's called a bergad mattress and besides being A LOT cheaper than tempur pedic it doesn't retain as much heat from your body as tempur pedics do. Also the smell when you first get it is not as strong as the tempur pedic. We bought ours almost 2 years ago when I was pregnant and it was a life saver. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

The bergad has a good warranty and , we have a king size and I believe we only paid $800 or $900 for it. Another thing, we didnt have to buy a special base for the mattress to lay on. We put a thin peice of wood over our box springs and threw the mattress on top of it and it works great.

Good Luck.

Tania
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i went out yesterday in an attempt to beat the crowds and ended up purchasing a simmons beautyrest. i love the feel of the pocketed coils on the simmons mattresses (their firmer mattresses are the same ones used in the W hotels). i also prefer the latex foam to the memory foam since i bought a memory foam topper recently and it bothered my back.

make sure to get a 30 day comfort guarantee so you can exchange the bed if it doesn't work for you!

happy shopping,
    eddie
  5. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I have a tempurpedic knock-off by Park Place. I liked it better than the original version as was firmer and thicker and had a reinforcement around the edges to prevent breakdown from sitting on the edge. I can say that I have rested better (keeping fingers crossed) since using it and do not wake up with the severe lower back pain I had been having with a traditional mattress. The company where I bought mine has a website, Mattress Doctor in Tampa Florida if you would like to take a look at their offerings. I believe they will ship anywhere.
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I liked it so much that I got a memory foam mattress too. I use the topper on top of the mattress.I love the feeling.I take the topper on vacation and everything.I just throw it on the motel mattress and It's almost like home.It does not make me hot.Linda
  7. board

board New Member

hello if you buy the mattress for your self you can cliam the vat back if you get dla or disabled if you buy things for you that help with your disability you can claim the vat in the uk you will need to look it up you can cliam it on a new car as well worth a look all the best jill