Mattress Toppers and Covers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jun 6, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Overstock has "Serta" 4 inch memory foam mattress toppers, normally $549. for $179. - this is for Cal King down to Twin size. It is supposed to be very high density.

(The three inch is $129. and two inch is $79).

There is another memory foam topper on the site, not Serta that is $159. It also looks ok, and it includes pillows.

This is really neat!!! They are also selling a "goose down" cover for the memory foam topper for $89.99 normally $229.99.

I have never seen covers for the toppers, especially goose down. It seems with the 4 inch topper and goose down cover, it would feel great.

If you don't like "down" they also have a down alternative cover for the toppers for $49.99.

I already have a Tempurpedic bed but if I didn't I would try this.

I may order a twin size for my mom who is in a nursing home. (I need to stop internet shopping at night).

[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I was on a business trip to Texas last month - I stayed for two nights at the Ft. Worth Hilton. The bed was firm and soft.

I had such a good sleep that I called the Hilton and asked about their bedding. They referred me to their website where I found that their mattress toppers are 4" Baffle Box Hypoallergenic Down from Pacific Feather Company.

They were available on the Hilton website, but I went to Pacific Feather, the manufacturer - the "Hotel" collection has the exact topper used at the Hilton and they were 25 dollars cheaper direct from the manufacturer AND they threw in a free protective cover to boot - which is running on other websites for at least 50 dollars for a queen size.

I have a Sleep Number bed, which I love because I can alter the settings to suit my needs, but I was still sore from pressure points.

I am allergic to feathers, but as advertised, I had no reaction whatsoever with Pacific's hypoallergenic feathers.

Now I can't wait!!!! I am going to order the pillows next month (try to space out the $$$).

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I checked out that feather bed, how neat. I may order one for our guest bedroom. I have never seen these.