Mattress?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Pinky, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Has anyone ever tried the cuddle ewe mattress? I have been tempted to try it but don't want to waste the money if it doesn't help. I just cannot sleep- ever- and maybe if I just get a good nights sleep now and then I could feel better. I am grasping at straws here, willing to try almost anything to fall asleep and sleep through the night.
    Thanx! I am even taking ZMA!
    Debbie
  2. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Has anyone ever tried the cuddle ewe mattress? I have been tempted to try it but don't want to waste the money if it doesn't help. I just cannot sleep- ever- and maybe if I just get a good nights sleep now and then I could feel better. I am grasping at straws here, willing to try almost anything to fall asleep and sleep through the night.
    Thanx! I am even taking ZMA!
    Debbie
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I have been wondering about the cuddle ewe mattress also.
    Slept on a heated waterbed for 15 yrs. Horrible. Back was in so much pain when I got up. Tossed and turned all night long. We invested in a wonderful ortho mattress this yr. Why did I wait so long, don't know.
    If anyone has the cuddle ewe, please let me know how it works, or if you get one pinky let me know how it feels. Isn't it a throw on top of your mattress like a feather fluff?
    Soft hugs.
  4. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi Pinky,
    I do have a cuddle ewe mattress pad. I was not at all impressed with it. I slept on it for several months to give it a good try but I ended up buying a new mattress. I got a Sealy Crown Jewel. (big mistake) It felt really good at first and I wasn't near as sore when I woke up but then.....it started sinking where we slept. When you would roll over it was like rolling uphill so you pretty much stayed in your hole. They did replace it about a month ago and this one is doing the same thing. I hope they will give me my money back. I paid $2000.00. That's not chicken feed.
    I hope you find something to help you. I wonder if anyone has tried the matress with air in it. Can't think of the name right now. Select Comfort???
    I also take ZMA and it has helped some but not as much as I had hoped. I still wake up anywhere from 3 to 5am. I'm definitely not a morning person either.
    I have heard some say the cuddle ewe has helped them though. I think you can try it for a while(can't remember how long) and if you don't like it you can send it back.
    Maybe someone else will come along that has tried it.

Sapphire
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

years ago i bought an extra firm (hard as a rock) mattress because of a bad back. when my back problem cleared up, i did not like sleeping on a hard mattress. my solution, instead of replacing the only 2 year old mattress:

i purchased one of the memory foam toppers and it solved the problem. i love it. i'm sure you have seen these advertised in magazine, tv, etc. i have seen the whole mattress made of this memory foam and they are outrageous. the topper is very reasonable and you get the same results.

they are hypoallergenic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and react to the temperature and pressure of your body but give you support wile maintaining softness. i just ordered a new pillow and knee roll from one company and they do sell these (the prices have gone up a little since i purchased mine)

since we can't give out email addresses here is a hint, vitalityweb at see oh m. if you can't find it post me. i received free s/h on my order so always ask if they are doing this or anytime in the near future. every penny counts.

warm regards, fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2002]