Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Jul 5, 2012.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

hey curious what mattresses work best for those of you with pain and spinal issues? I seem to do best with a supportive mattress that is dense but soft on top.....I am in market for a new one and so many feel good lyiing on it at store but dont really know til I get home. I know I dont like tempurapedic altho memory foam on top is good.
    I also would like to avoid a lot of chemicals but dont want to spend thousands of dollars........
    any advice?
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I put a memory foam 3 inch topper on my firm mattress. It has worked really well for me for two years now. But when you first get a memory foam pad, you really need to let it air out, outside for a day. There are definitely chemicals in the memory foam. You can smell them when you open the package.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

We bought a Kingsdown mattress a few years ago and I really love it.

It is very supportive, but very soft on top.

It was about $2000 if I remember correctly.

You can Google Kingsdown to check them out.
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

which did me fine for awhile then I decided to buy a 4" memory foam ( and I like that. No smell from it though I had been warned by friends. Sometimes I feel like the "princess and the pea". Can't believe I used to be able to sleep on the floor or hard dirt when I went camping. I sleep on a sleep # bed when I go to visit at my daughter's house and have to crank it up all the way to l00!

[This Message was Edited on 07/06/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/06/2012]
  5. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I bought a 4 inch memory foam topper for my bed. I bought a 3 inch first & took it back as it was not comfortable enough. I then found a four inch one on clearance. I love it. The only problem I have had with it is that it seems to make me sweat. So I bought a heavily quilted 100% cotton mattress pad & put that over the foam. That solved the sweaty problem! I spent under $150 for both items. Clearance is my friend!

6. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I wonder how You can get help to get one if you arent financially able to buy one.. or if there is even help out there for that..
  7. luigi21

luigi21 Member

lol, i was asking the same question a few months ago. can't sleep on memory foam makes me too hot. then bought one that was lovely, but did have foam sides, again baking hot. was toying with a latex top mattress but by this point thinking if this makes me hot its going to work out expensive. So best to buy a pocket sprung mattress, and a separate topper. i have a normal mattress and a thick duvet on top and so far not sweating.
  8. mardi25

mardi25 New Member

I've had fibro for 23 yrs. and used a waterbed the whole time. I've never been able to use other mattresses, but the memory foam on top of another mattress whould be second choose. you can get a queen size for $200-300. you don't need waveless. good luck.
  9. Nikki

Nikki Member

My husband and I both love the Cuddle Ewe mattress topper.