Matt's auto insurance settling now :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Dec 28, 2005.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Yahoo!!!! Finally, after all this time since the accident of 11/22, Matt's insurance is finally settling and Matt was able to contact the Gap insurance and they are contacting his auto insurance or whomever they need to, to get what info they will need.

So, it has started now and we don't have to worry about the 1/22/06, Gap insurance deadline.

There seems to be a lot Matt will have to do to send info to the Gap insurance, but at least things have started with that.

I believe that it will take a long time to hear about the injury attorney and any settlement with that.

Matt is having a problem with his knees and feels they are filling up with fluid. He had problems with both knees since the accident. So, he is going to have to go back to the doctor on this one. Possibly the doctor can drain any fluid to give him some relief.

I was hoping that he wouldn't have any physical problems from the accident, but apparently he is from his knees. When he first saw the doc on 11/30, the doc wanted him to wait a month to see how he felt and if not better, go back to see the doc.

If Matt's health insurance won't pay for any of these doc visits, then I guess we'll have to go into our savings to float a loan to Matt to help him pay any of his health care fees until he gets a settlement from the injury attorney.

Thanks to all who have continued to read this and reply. I'm sorry I haven't been on the board as much as I would like to. I've been reading a novel in my free time that I got for Christmas. lol

Big hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2005]
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Fight,
    Thanks for replying to this. It really means a lot to me to know that you took time to ready this post. :)

Carrie,
    Thank you Carrie, and the same to you. I hope Matt will get to the doc next Wednesday on his day off. Knees are nothing to mess around with.

Doxy,
    Hi hon! Thanks for following up with all of this mess. Boy, what a time of year that all those accidents had to occur in? :(

I need to try to catch up on your posts, I'm really behind in reading and replying.

We did get a copy of the hospital bill which was almost $10,000, but haven't gotten any bills from the doctor's that treated him in the hospital.

Well I have decided not to worry about the medical charges until we have to. We do have savings to go to if we have to. I surely hate to, but we do what we have to do.

I'm going to go around and try to read as much as I can today. I've been reading a novel at night, but holding the book, even in different ways, is putting me in a flare because it is so heavy. lol Didn't realize that reading a large heavy book could put one in a flare, but found out...

Take care all of you and I hope your New Year is everything you hope it will be and more!

Love,
    Faye