Maxed Out...Death in Family

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, Feb 12, 2003.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

I lost my brother-in-law early this (thurs) morning. He & my sister had been married 43 years. I haven't slept in 36 hours. I'm doubling the klonopin tonight...legs are so tight. I've been pushing myself today running around trying to get errands out of the way, flowers, etc.
    I couldn't stop until all was done!
    He will be missed dearly by all his family. I do feel fortunate that I was there for my sister & his children when he passed from a massive coronary.

I haven't written in a while, but tonight here alone, I felt the need to reach out.
  2. arlo_guthrie_fan

arlo_guthrie_fan New Member

sorry for your loss. and you are not alone. we are out here for you
  3. DiamondD

DiamondD New Member

I know the strung out, can't stop, gotta be there feeling - in spite of the physical pain you're in. My brother-in-law died as well. He was 31 and he and my sister had been married 6 yrs. He had quickly become an icon in my family and to this day, the world doesn't seem right. There's time to rest tomorrow. That's what I kept telling myself. Just remember, take care of yourself and you can take better care of others. You (and your family) are in my prayers!
  4. clueless

clueless New Member

I don`t think anything takes so much out of us body and soul as when we lose a loved one. We have lost two sons ,my mother and my brother. It is a deep painful loss. We manage to go on but I did`nt have this painful disease at that time, I can`t imagine being able to handle it and have the pain of the disease. Every thing that emotionly upsets me ( as it has with the loss of two dear friends ) really wipes me out for days. My love and warm thoughts go out to you today. May God Bless, from him we get our strength when we feel we have none. Clueless
  5. ozgran

ozgran New Member

you are in my thoughts at this sad time. Take care of yourself. Love and gentle hugs, Ozgran.
  6. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Please take as good a care of yourself as you can right now. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

May God Bless and Keep
    You and yours, Sherry
  7. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Dear Granmama, How wonderful that you are there to support your sister and family in this time of great need! Do take care of yourself and try to get some rest. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Take Care,
    Darla
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

It's very good of you to be there for them
    and so helpful. I'm sure your sister will be
    very grateful for all your help. Bless you all.
    Hugs, Bambi
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am so very sorry for you and your family. I'm glad, too, that you could be there for your grieving family members, I'm sure that meant everything to them. Try to take care of yourself now and get some rest, so that you can take care of them, too.

Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss---your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Healing Hugs,
    Pam
  10. little

little Member

And your family. My heart goes out to you. I'm very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Gail
  11. granmama

granmama New Member

I just woke up this morning after taking a double dose of klonopin to read all the tender & compassionate messages for me and my family. Thank you again for being there for me.

granmama hugs to each and everyone of you,
    granmama
  12. Beth37

Beth37 New Member

Sorry for your loss.Glad you came here to vent,it's a good place for venting.Hope you are getting some rest,you know people like us need our sleep.Take Care! (((((HUGS)))))
  13. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

So sorry to see your message, I saw it posted last night but could not look at it at first. I recenty lost almost every person I was closest to and loved dearly. I had so much to take care of for almost a yr. So I know what it takes from one emotionally and physically. I did not take care of myself for so long and I am paying big time with no help or support. So try to get emotional rest and support.Take Care,Bless you along the way
  14. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. But please do take care of yourself, too.

(((hugs)))
    Annette
  15. phenom

phenom New Member

to you and your family in this time of sorrow.

phenom
  16. dd

dd New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))

Debbie
  17. Revella

Revella New Member

I will be in prayer for you and your family at this hard time. Try to rest, though I know that is almost impossible.
    Everyone always says take care of yourself and rest, but there are times like you are having now that you have to put others first. Then we pay for overdoing it.

Praying for you,
    Revella
  18. granmama

granmama New Member

I can't thank all of you enough for keeping me & my family in your prayers. My sister is holding up as best she can and I am trying to help her as much as I can.

God bless all of you,
    granmama
  19. Lendi

Lendi New Member

How hard this must be for you and your family. How kind of you to help your sister. I'm sure she really appreciates your help. Take care of yourself as well. Hugs, Lendi