MAXIMUM OVERLOAD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Oct 3, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

Talk about bottle necks, this board has become extemely busy at certain times so much so you can't connect to the site. From 1.am GMT (U.K time) it is impossible to connect. I have noticed there has been a sudden influx of newbies, there are also vultures trying to sell stuff now, where there wasn't before. We must have a good preacher amidst us, that has been to another less saintly FMS message board, to spread the Gospel, that this message board is the best, and thou should hath non other messageboard than this. Ah well just have to avoid coming here at 1.am GMT.
  2. sean

sean New Member

Talk about bottle necks, this board has become extemely busy at certain times so much so you can't connect to the site. From 1.am GMT (U.K time) it is impossible to connect. I have noticed there has been a sudden influx of newbies, there are also vultures trying to sell stuff now, where there wasn't before. We must have a good preacher amidst us, that has been to another less saintly FMS message board, to spread the Gospel, that this message board is the best, and thou should hath non other messageboard than this. Ah well just have to avoid coming here at 1.am GMT.
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

This is the best message board for our needs. I do agree that there is a HUGE bunch of 'newbies', but that is good, because they found us! ; ) This board is so busy, I usually cannot read all the new posts. I try, but I don't know if I've ever been able to. If I want to follow a thread, I forget to write the name of the thread down to follow, & you know that you cannot find it the next time that you're on. There are so many new posts. So, we are lucky to have this board. Are you talking 1AM UK time or EST?
  4. lavender_butterfly

lavender_butterfly New Member

I am usually on during the daytime hours, CST, because I can only use my computer at work. My computer at home is badly broken. I haven't noticed the board being slow at all, but maybe that is due to when I am on.

I will be quite frank about how I stumbled on this message board. When I was first diagnosed with FMS, I looked around at tons of sites on the subject. This is the first place I came to that offered me information for FREE and without trying to cram tons of useless crap that I didn't want down my throat. Sure, okay, I can see where this drug or that drug, or this supplement or that vitamin, or this massage oil or that blankie could help...but I am new to this and easily overwhelmed. I liked the fact that this site has a place for those items to be sold, but it is my choice whether or not I go there. Some sites have pop ads (which drive me nuts) or occasional redirects to the "store" page when you click on a link to something else. Its really irritating and frustrating.

Another thing that made me really unhappy. One site I went to said it had "free articles" and when you clicked on the link, it took you to an ordering page so you could either pay for the article to be sent to you or pay for the entire book that the article came out of. How rude is that?

So I stuck around here, read a lot, and finally decided to join the message board. Even if there are freaky salespeople lurking, I still haven't felt pressured to buy anything or smothered by ads for junk I don't want.

I like it here. I can be me...and that is refreshing!
  5. sean

sean New Member

I hope you find the message board helpful, this is the best message board on the subject of FMS, that I have found. I have gained a lot of valuable information from this message board, I hope you to find it useful.

Take care :) .........sean.........