May be going to ER for Insomnia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by jane32, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

It has now been 5 days without sleep. I can not even sleep during the day. I am so tired and weak...feel awful.

Has anyone ever gone to the ER? I am not sure where else to turn. I just feel like I am going to pass out. My sleep dr. from Penn who is suppose to be the best has not called me back and the FFC drs. can't really help me.

I took the highest dose of Lunesta the past three nights and nothing.

I am going to take the advice from someone on here and try unison tonight so hopefully that works..if not I will be off to the hospital.
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i am so sorry for you, how horrible, i may have restless nights but at least i get some sleep..

praying you get some sleep
    Julie

p.s. never gone to the er for that, just wanted you to know i was thinking of you
  3. spacee

spacee Member

That is a very valid reason for going. My sis had terrible insommia for years. You really should be seen if you have not slept in 5 days.

Be praying for you to get help.

Hugs,

Spacee
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Wow, 5 nights, yes; I do believe you should go to the ER. I have had nights of 2 maybe 3 hours of sleep and NEVER get over 5 in 1 night.

You must be very, very tired, not to mention, you just can't keep going.

Please, take care and I would continue trying maybe some different things, if Dr. agrees, so that you can get some rest.

BlueSky555
  5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Whatever you do, please don't drive yourself to anywhere. Have your husband or a friend do the driving to be safe if you haven't slept in 5 days. I can't exist if I go 24 hours without sleep. I get groggy and stupid. OK, a little more stupider...........I have sleep apnea and I have trouble falling asleep. And once I do fall asleep, I have trouble staying asleep.

Hope you get some help soon so you can get that deep sleep that your body needs for healing itself. Let us know how you do...
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I went 5 days without sleep.if the doctors can't give you something strong,maybe the hospital can.Linda
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I went once during a bad flare-up for a week and a half with no sleep, then I finally went to the doctor and had to get some potent sedation pills to knock me out for a few days. I never did take them all. I was really stressed at the time and could not go to sleep wth my usual meds. It will start wearing you down after a while with no sleep.

Kriket
  8. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

It sounds like you are relly stressed from the relapse, and this is hurting you.

Go to a good hospital. You will probably need a sleep study. Perhaps your oxygen count is low due to stress. Breating a little extra oxygen that they give you feels good.

I think you are beyond sleeping pills at this time. You need to be checked out NOW.

Although I suspect stress is making you hyperventilate and exascerbating your symptoms, you need to take action.

This, too, shall pass, sweetie. It won't always be like this. If you don't have Lyme's Disease or fibromyalgia, you have less to deal with. It sounds like you have a nasty viral thing going.

Do you know that chocolate can reactivate the viruses we have? Stay away from chocolate of any kind, nuts, corm, and sugar. Our viruses like to feed on these.

You'll be okay with time. I've had relapses before and am in one now. Looking back, I can see the triggers that started each one, and in part, I have myself to blame for denying I have this illness, and so wanting to be "normal." We both will be normal again, but with different perameters. We may require earlier bedtimes, a little more rest, and living a healthier lifestyle without the cushion other people have. You won't always feel this bad, and your libido will be strong again.

People get diabetes and have to monitor their blood sugar carefully. We just have to monitor our vulnerabilities until we grow stronger and outgrow them. I've read this repeatedly, and I think most people do outgrow CRS with careful management and early treatment.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
    CherylSue
  9. Confussedalot

Confussedalot New Member

I would recommend going for a sleep disorder test. I did it two years ago. This will help diagnose your sleep patter.

I don't suffer from insomnia but suffer from the aniety and depression.

Definately have someone take you there