May I do this?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lilaclover30, Jun 4, 2009.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Several months ago I began a book called "The Shack". Because I was spending so much time with my DH I only got so far and stopped. Many in our "coffee group" and church friends had raved over it so I decided to give it a try and borrowed it from my neighbor.

Yesterday I decided to take time out from writing thank yous to folks for things they had done and for food brought to our home. I was determined to finish it. Wonderful------It is Christian story and spelllbinding. From the beginning to the end, it kept me spellbound.

Have any of you read it? I highly recommend it. Keeps you thinking after you finish it.

love, Joan or Lilac
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Yes, I absolutely loved the Shack! I'm on my second reading now, and it is a book that brings healing to very deep wounds. It is joyful, generates a great love and delight for the Holy Trinity. I will be returning to this book for the rest of my life - it is that important to me.

I had to get my own copy to have on hand - to dip into for inspiration.

We had a post going here for awhile - for those of us who had read the book.

It is spellbinding! It's good to hear that others in your church also thought highly of it.

Blessings,
    Judy
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

But you all make me want too...think I'll call the library when they open today and see if I can reserve it.

Blessings,
    Deb
  4. jole

jole Member

In Wal Mart the last time I was there, but didn't have the money for it right then. I can't be in that store for more than 20-30 minutes and needed to pick up some other things, but will have my daughter get it for me. I am very excited to hear so many of you liked it so much. Thanks!***Jole***