may i please ask for a prayer for my pet bunny, Fluffy-question for Shirl at endof replies

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by toni.m, Apr 30, 2002.

1. toni.m

toni.m New Member

i just got home from the vets, i brought him in to be nuetured[sp]. i did not releaze that it is more risky to put a bunny under anneshia[sp]. the vet told me this is a little tricky because of their high metabolism rate.
    about a month ago he wondered off and did not return untill 12 midnite, after being gone most of the day. i have kept a tight reign on him since, and finally convinsed my husband we should have him fixed. and now i am so worried about him.
    he is to stay at the vets untill 1 or 2 pm this afternoon. i dropped him off at 8:15 this am.
    i know this may seem trival, with so many of our members going through some very terrible things right now w/ their health, but Fluffy is just like amother child to me, and my 6 year old is so attached to him- the first thing he does when he gets out of bed in the am is pick up fluffy and smuggle on the recliner w/ him.
    so if i may, please ask for a prayer that my Fluffy does ok w/ the surgery this am, and that he will be back home safe w/ us this afternoon.

thank you so much, i continue to pray for all of us , and hold you all close to my heart.
    take care, toni.m

[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2002]
  2. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Toni, I have just come in and have said a prayer for Fluffy. Don't worry yourself sick, alterations of pets are done everyday. I must thank you, though, for being a responsible pet owner. There are so many people who don't spay and neuter their pets for whatever reason. I have 3 cats and 1 dog and they have all been altered. try to have a good day. May you have God's blessings, Deena
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Toni, have already prayed for Fluffy, and will continue to do so untill I hear that he is fine.

He sounds like such a little love! I remember praying for him when he 'took' a leave on you!

Take care, hon.

God Bless,
    Shalom, Shirl
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I also will pray for little Fluffy that he'll be just fine with his surgery today.

Nothing is "trivial" in God's eyes and all of our prayer needs are important to Him. He knows our pets are so special to us and he created them.
    He will take good care of Fluffy and before you know it, he'll be back home with you.

I'll look forward to hearing from you later when Fluffy is home.

Hugs,
    Harmony
  5. toni.m

toni.m New Member

Fluffy is home now; acting kind of weird, spaced out i guess from the meds they gave him.the dr. said the surgery went fine and he came out of the anneshia[sp] quickly.she let me take him home at 3pm; and he was not happy in the pet carrier on the way home. i put him in the back seat the my son and asked him to talk softly to him and reassure him.i did take him awhile to settle down, and i think i need to buy my mother in lawa new pet carrier, as he chewed and clawed it up quite alot.he has not eaten anything yet- it's 8:15pm now-but he did drink alot of water, which is a good sign i hope?i have a whole page of written instructions, and i am to call the vet if he has not eaten by tomorow.so far, so good!

thank you again for taking time out of your busy day to think of me and my baby, i really appreciate your prayers.
    please know that i am here for you guys also, to help in whatever way i am able.

take care, toni.m
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Toni, I have been checking all day to see how Fluffy was doing. I am so glad that little guy is fine now.

He is still recovering from the ordeal hon, he should be much better tomorrow. He just went through a tramatic experience for him.

Its good he is drinking water! But be sure he doen't drink too much and bloat himself. Just leave his food out for him, and he will probably be eating soon. You could try a fresh carrot or some fresh grass (not too much grass as they get a lot of that in their pellets).

I have something important to tell you about rabbits. Please just feed him his pellets and fresh veggies, no bananas, or people food.

I had one named Heidi for seven years, he was a house pet. I didn't know any better at the time, and he got on the table and ate cereal, well my kids started giving him cereal thinking it was 'cute' as he would sit up by the chair and beg. It killed him.

Nothing could be done. Rabbits can't vomit. The vet told me he just bloated himself with the flour, processed corn etc. in the cereal and he died. Don't feel bad for me, this was twenty years ago. But I have never forgotten it. So be sure he just eats 'rabbit' stuff, his pellets and some fresh veggies. Bananas are also bad for them.

I am thrilled that Fluffy is fine! God does love His creatures, as we that love them are well aware of!

Take care, and enjoy you bunny!

Shalom, Shirl[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2002]
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

So glad Fluffy is home and it went well for him.
    I know its a relief for you that its over.
    Tomorrow he should be even better.
    Thank the Lord for taking care of Fluffy!

Harmony
  8. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi toni.m,
    How is fluffy? Just wandering how he is doing since he came home. I pray he has recuperated well and back to normal. I hope you are doing well too!

Hugs,
    Harmony
  9. Let me tell you..I asked for prayers for our dog Bitzy, who had a nearly fatal case of parvo. It took about 4 days of praying, but that dog recovered when no one (even the vet) thought it was possible..So believe me I know when I say..You've come to the pros :)
    much love,
    Pam
  10. toni.m

toni.m New Member

now; and he is almost back to his old self.he is eating almost as much as before the surgery, , but most of all he is up to his old trcks again!
    what a releif, i was actaully happy when he jumped up on the couch to try to sneak into my plants.fortunatly, he is not very quite about his sneaking around, so usually does not get into things i don't want him chewing, ..
    today he spent most of the day outside, yesterday was the 1st day outside sonce the surgery. yes, i am a softy, the vet said 10 days, but he appears to healing nicely- and of course went up to the patio door when my hubby was playing with him and scratched and begged, and there was now talking either one of them out of it. today was the first day it has been warn, dry and not windy, so i didn't think there would be too much harm. you should have seen him running around!
    Shirl, i did not know about the ceral, hubby has been giving him plain shreeded wheat ceral- and yes he loves it. is this bad also? i know that they can't vomit, and fruit can give them dairria. i actually printed out some pages from The House Rabbit Society web site on diet, liter training,.. when we first got him.Fluffy gets dairria if he eats straight pellets, his diet is mostly romain or curly leaf lettuce, carrots, green pepers,hay[only timithy hay as the pellets are made w/ alfalfa- and they are not supposed to eat too much alfalfa]. i will take a look and see if i can find any more specific info on foods that are bad for bunnies.do you have any more advise for me? i will tell hubby about the ceral ist thing in the am.

thank you all again, everyones support and kind words and prayers helped me through some nerve racking days- especailly after hubby anounced the dat after Fluffy's surgery that he felt guilty!
    Does anyone else here have a rabbit?

i just love to hear about other people pets, the are so loving and non-judgmental- two things that we sometimes fall short on w/ these illnesses- at least in my personal experience.

take care, and i hope everyones doing well, toni.m
    P.S. when are they going to fix the board- it is still coming out all different from how you type it in, no paragraghs, all of a sudden larger print, ...this has been going on for days now!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 05/05/2002]
  11. toni.m

toni.m New Member

12. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I would not give him any 'people' food. Just his pellets and fresh veggies. I think the processing of the cereals may be the problem.

If still in doubt ask the vet. But please don't give him cereal of any kind, and no bananas.

If necessary, look in your phone directory and find someone that breeds rabbits. They would be glad to help answer your questions.

Mine ate the cereal for weeks, but that is what killed him. I had him for seven years just feeding him rabbit pellets, a little grass and fresh veggies.

Think about how wild rabbits live, they can't get to processed foods, anyway cereal has some form of oil in it. Rabbits are pure vegetarians!

They live off of all different kinds of plants, berries, etc. No oils or meat products at all.

I lost another one that was crazy about bananas. If I ever got another rabbit he would only eat what I said above!

Good luck with your bunny.

Shalom, Shirl