May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month! Chronic Fatigue, Pain, Etc Could Be Tick-Borne Infections!

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by Nanie46, May 1, 2014.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

For Lyme Disease Awareness Month I am posting links to very good and helpful information about tick-borne diseases/infections. This includes info about Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and other infections.

If we find and treat the root causes of our symptoms, we have a much better chance of recovery.

Basic info:

"Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease" by Joseph Burrascano, MD (Testing, Diagnosis, Symptom List, Treatment, Common Co-infections):

"Dr Holtorf on Lyme Disease Diagnosis and Treatment":

"The Surprising Connection Between Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia":

"Lyme Disease and Bartonella: More Common Than You Think":

"Lyme Disease Presenting As Chronic Fatigue Syndrome":

Video: Conversations About Lyme Disease With Dr Cameron (a LLMD):

Free online documentary film about the unrecognized Lyme disease epidemic, "Under Our Skin":

Tick-Borne Disease Alliance:

Lyme Disease Association:

Labs: (Lyme western blot IgG and IgM, PCR, Co-infection panels) (Lyme culture test)

"Lyme Disease: Two Standards of Care":

Lyme Disease Message Boards (for Medical Questions, Seeking a Doctor, etc) Click on Flash Discussion and sign up for free:

Chronicle full episode, "Ticked" (20 min):

"Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic" by Pamela Weintraub, book about the Lyme disease controversy:

2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Nanie46, There is a new poster on our Homebound/Bedbound board who has Lyme and I didn't know how to direct her to you. If you'd like, you can look on that board. I think her thread is called "New Here..... and Scared". Thanks and hope you're doing well. GB66
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you, gb66! I'll go there and read her post.