Maybe I am losing my mind

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tonijo, Nov 13, 2002.

1. tonijo

tonijo New Member

This sounds so odd I hate to even ask this. It feels like wings fluttering neer my ear or maybe it is right inside my head. Has anyone else ever felt this? Or maybe something close to it. I might not be discribing it right.
    tonijo
  2. tonijo

tonijo New Member

This sounds so odd I hate to even ask this. It feels like wings fluttering neer my ear or maybe it is right inside my head. Has anyone else ever felt this? Or maybe something close to it. I might not be discribing it right.
    tonijo
  3. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

for me it is more like a ringing in my ears . It goes away for a while then comes back .i wish it would stay away. i dont think it is a hearing loss . somtimes for me that is it could be the weather like it is going to rain . Sorry i am not much help
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2002]
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have not had this exact thing, but I can tell you that I continue to be amazed by the bizarre, neurological nature of this DD--I get all kinds of quirky sensations, all over different parts of my body, so what you are experiencing does not sound strange to me at all. And aren't these things the hardest to describe?? Especially to a doctor, they look at you like you have three heads!

Anyway, you are not alone, Tonijo! Hope it is a passing thing, as many of my weird sensations, are...

Take care,
    Pam
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Where I live, it would be hard to distinguish between 'fluttering wings' and mosquitoes! I am in Louisiana, the Mosquito Capital of the World.

No kidding, I have not had what you described, but I do get 'itchy ears' bad. I almost drove my husband batty looking in my ears with a magnifying glass.
    They itched so bad that they would wake me up at night. But I found out that its just another one of those Fibro things that no one can explain.
    My hearing is fine, but the outer parts of my ears itch like I was bit by something, or like a chigger bug was on them.

I also get that 'fluttery' feeling that things are crawling on me, or like something with wings are on my body, but nothing is there.

Hope you find out if its really something, or just the Fibro crazies!

Shalom, Shirl

6. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Thanks for the input it really helps. It helps to know I am not the only one with bizarre things that go on. I too have the itchy ears and the feeling of something on me like wings. It is hard to discribe it to the Dr. It just might be fibro crazies bt at least Im not losing my mind.:)
    tonijo
  7. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Long before I knew I had fm I woke up in the middle of the night thinking a bug had flown in my ear and got stuck. I could feel fluttering and here a buzzing sound. I was going crazy thinking I had a bug in my ear. I couldn't wait until the next morning to come. If felt like it took for ever. When I went to the dr. he checked my ears real good. He told me that there was nothing in my ears. He told me it was just a nerve going a little crazy. Since then I was diagnosed with fm. I often get that same crazy feeling in my ear. It drives me nuts. I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who experiences this. (also glad to know it's not a bug! lol) Best of luck!

Crissie
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yep, ears itching so bad that I've considered investing in Q-tip stock...then add the fluttering inner ear.

My left ear is generally worse than my right. Its worse at night when laying down...oh well, not like I'm not already awake anyhow...get some relief by sitting up for a few minutes, or, chewing on something.

I've also noticed that this is worse when my jaw joint is sore.

Nice to know that I'm not the only Fibromite with this problem and without an answer.
  9. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I don't know what it is from. I get it on very rare occasion. Kinda bugs me, but only lasts for a second.

Marilyn :)
  10. kadywill

kadywill New Member

ear fluttering I've had..... add this to the list!
    Kady
  11. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

It is a side effect for me of ultram and hydrocodone, the hydro does it more and generally happens to me more if I have not eaten, I think it intensifies the effect of the drug.

This is different from our heart beat we feel or hear in our ear and different from the ringing in our ears.

We should keep all these straight right!!!!????

We are an interesting lot huh?

Jaci