Maybe I shouldn't ASSUME....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Jan 30, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

that everyone understands that I can only stay on-line as long as the pain allows. I try to respond to as many posts as possible so that people know that they do have support. But, I realize that even if people don't answer your posts doesn't mean that they haven't been thinking of you and wishing you well. We can all only do so much at a sitting & this is an extremely busy board. So, I hope that people don't think that I don't care, because I do. If I haven't posted, it's just because I couldn't do anymore. dolsgirl
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I have times when my eyes won't focus well enough for me to even read the posts, let alone try to answer them. I would think that everyone here would be very understanding of the physical limitations of others. I spend most of my "good" times trying to clean up my house - anyone have a backhoe I can borrow? When I need to sit down, I try to read a few posts. Sometimes I answer right away, other times I plan to answer later, but can seldom remember which post I was going to answer. We're OK, it's the rest of the world that's weird.
    Kathryn
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

what you are saying. There are many days that I can only read the posts, and some days where I can't even do that. I would love to be able to reply to each and every posting but I just can not do it. I admire the ones who have the stamina to do it though.

Was there a reason that prompted you to post this message? Anyway, I also hope that everyone know that just because we don't respond doesn't mean we aren't thinking of them and hoping for the very best. This is a wonderful message board with a great group of people, I would hate to think that anyone would thing I was ignoring them.

Dara
  4. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Dolsgirl,

There's more to life than message boards. Don't get me wrong, they are a great place for useful information and support when you need it especially this one. This board has some wonderfully compassionate and informed members on it, but there is also a great big world outside of message boards that you shouldn't loose sight of. I know that having these ailments is extremely restricting, but you cannot stop living your life and trying to make it the best that you can. Do not feel obligated to stay online when you are feeling poorly.

Just an opinion,
    fifty1ford
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

post something that I was hoping I could get some emotional type of support for, since I don't know anyone (besides my hubby who I don't want to overload). I didn't get it & was hurt at the time, but also realized that everyone is feeling the same as I & yes they are out there living every chance we get. I posted it because I felt there might be others out there that had felt the same at one point or another. I wanted them to know that when we do come to the board that they are in our thoughts even though we may not have the energy or time to respond. dolsgirl
  6. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

We are with you, Dolsgirl,
    Like last night, I was reading the posts, and just so tired and sick and painful...too much to answer any posts, but one or two,even though I wanted to "talk" to everyone! And not enough energy to go to the CHAT Room- it goes too fast some times. I want every one to know I care & love them, and glad they are here for me, too.
    You don't have to be here online all the time, Dolsgirl, we love you still, and know you are still there! Thanks for this post!
    Take care, and love to you,
    Fibromiester