Maybe next year I'll believe in Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Nov 28, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I feel so bad and tired after a full day of Thanksgiving , I think I need to go bed if I can sleep with the pain. Kids had fun. It's only 6pm here and I am actually going to bed. I can't believe it. It's like going from 37 yrs old to 77 yrs old in one year. I thing I may need a cane for my right leg. I am very depressed.
    Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!!

Maria
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2002]
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I feel so bad and tired after a full day of Thanksgiving , I think I need to go bed if I can sleep with the pain. Kids had fun. It's only 6pm here and I am actually going to bed. I can't believe it. It's like going from 37 yrs old to 77 yrs old in one year. I thing I may need a cane for my right leg. I am very depressed.
    Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!!

Maria
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2002]
  3. granmama

granmama New Member

HI MARIA,
    FIRST, I AM SORRY THAT YOU ARE IN PAIN, FAMILY FUNCTIONS CAN SURE TAKE IT OUT OF US QUICKLY!

OUR FAMILY GATHERED THIS PAST SATURDAY BECAUSE MY HUSBAND HAD TO WORK THANKSGIVING DAY.
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT HOW A STRESSFUL OCCASION CAN MAKE YOU FEEL YOU HAVE AGED DECADES IN ONE DAY.

JUST 4 OF OUR 6 GRANDKIDS WERE HERE SATURDAY. THE BABIES WORE ME OUT QUICK, THEY ARE 2 AND 1 YEAR OLD GIRLS.

I DID NOT GET A NAP THAT DAY. I SLEPT MOST OF SUNDAY.

LET'S REST UP UNTIL CHRISTMAS, GOSH, DON'T YA WISH?

take care,
    granmama
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Take the holidays to their homes, and you be the GUEST instead of the party giver if at all possible.

I used to do what you do, but now I go to their house, I miss all the things I used to do, but its not worth the after effects to me anymore.

I am sure you enjoyed yourselves, so rest, rest, rest for the rest of the the weekend! Do not go into a flare, PLEASE!

Shalom, Shirl

5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

I'm exhausted, hurt too much to sleep, and feel like an old woman! Holidays make us need a holiday! At least we can come here and get the strength to do another day! Have a happy Friday! Get some rest!
  6. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I felt bad all day yesterday and I was *supposed* to be happy ( like everyone else) and be celebrating my bday as well... well I laid down most of the day... Even my family can't get it through their heads that some days I just can't do it...... so I share your sentiments.good luck!
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I can't tell you how many times I have uttered those same (or nearly) words---"Why am I 46 and feel like I'm 86???" I know exactly what you mean, and I'm sorry you are going through this. Holidays, especially, are supposed to be joyous occasions, but they can be the most stressful and physically exhausting, too. I hope you have better days ahead, when things quiet down after the holidays a little....keep talking to us here, we'll try to help you through the tough times! Take care & try to get some rest (tough with little ones, I know)

Soft hugs,
    Pam