MAYBE ODD QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GARY700, Jan 3, 2006.

1. GARY700

GARY700 New Member

I was just wondering is there any way to find out who we are from are post? I guess what i'm trying to say is sometimes we ask very personal questions and i'm not comfortable asking if theirs someone out there that knows me.
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Only by looking at their bio which may or mayy not tell you who they are. I wouldn't be concerned about it though.

Jake
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Only by looking at their bio which may or mayy not tell you who they are. I wouldn't be concerned about it though. Just click on their name in the post to go to their bio

Jake
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i know what your saying,i know a freak on another board who catalogues every post and spend hours trawling through them but even he doesnt concern me and believe me my husband sometimes calls me 'safety moniter'

as for this site its in the rules we are not allowed to post our address web wise or home and no phone numbers anything like that either here or on chat.

but go to my bio read through my posts and i think the only personal facts you will find about me apart from my medical state is that im 26 live in east anglia uk,am female married with two kids and i work with dogs owning two deaf dalmatians and a shih tzu.(and my surname used to be smith)but the name to the side kinda gives that away lol.

now there are some personal facts but no one will figure out its me,if you know what i mean.
    i have posted a pic of me (wedding pic) so yes i looked a bit (lot) different to the norm but its still not enough info for anyone to hurt me.

all the best to you gary xx
  5. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

but........
    I love this board and I filled out my bio because I wanted everyone to know more about me and my life.
    I would not be explicit about personal info on your profile and use a user name that people wouldn't associate with you.
    I do know that my husband is on a poker forum and. My friend was trying to get our email address by doing a search on our username we use often together. And there was every post or reply to everything he wrote.

Angela
  6. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

I would delete your WHOLE profile. I may do the same here soon. Been a while since I have been here.