Mayo Clinic OnLine Accupuncture for Fibro story

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amberdotcom, Jun 21, 2006.

1. amberdotcom

amberdotcom New Member

The health alert news story on the home page of the Mayo Clinic's website today is about a study they did that shows that accupuncture does provide help for Fibro sufferers:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/CM00020

[This Message was Edited on 06/21/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and the acupuncturist said i would need atleast 6 appts in a row one per week..to tell if it would help or no...

well i would get sick and have to reschedule...

but now i am thinking about trying to reschedule...
    the last time i had to reschedule the lady got pissy w/me because i needed to make so many appointment...

kaiser..

jodie
  3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Maybe it does help..but how many of us feel that everytime one of these articles shows up...we become guinea pigs once again. I feel like until they figure out what causes FMS, we are all just stabbing in the dark trying to find something that improves us. I am not saying don't try accupuncture..but for myself, I am afraid to spend even more money that I don't really have ...just to find out that it doesn't work for me...or only works for a short time...or will require me going time and time again and depleting my savings for a temporary fix???

I don't know, I hate to sound too negative...but when I first thought I may have fibro...I read the Mayo clinic site..and they weren't even current with the info they presented about it!!! YIKES, they were supposed to be one of the best places to go for things right??? So, not to say that isn't valuable for some people...but I have a feeling..like most things...it isn't "the cure".