mbofov...suz45...lindyl39

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 143alan, Oct 23, 2006.

1. 143alan

143alan New Member

Hi everyone, sorry I have not responded to the comments you made in previous posts that I responded to. My son is kinda hogging the computer right for a research paper and between that and too tired to sit and read posts, I have not been on in a while.

I slept for a couple of hours tonight, woke up in pain as usual and will try in a minute to get a couple more hours of sleep before my alarm goes off.

Lindyl39 - the only thing I take for sleep is Tylenol PM if I can remember to take it early enough in the evening. If I wait too late I'm too droggy in the morning to function well. My Dr doesn't want to put my on any kind of sleeping pill...not sure why. Good luck with the Miraplex,it sounds like it's going well. I love to garden also, but now we're having frost so much at night it won't be long before my flower beds will be gone. I'm holding on to the bitter end though, run out every night and put sheets over them to keep the frost off. It suppose to be in the 20s tonight.

Mary & Suz45 - I went to a chiro a few years ago before my back got too bad and only had an occasional flare up of pain. He x-rayed and showed me the c-shaped curve in my spine and said that he could "adjust" it back straight. I left his office after every treatment in such severe pain it would ridiculous. Also I did not have the time to run to his office 3x a week that he wanted me to come in. The pain finally got so bad I went to an orthopedic dr who did x-rays and an mri and told me all the damage the chiro did and should have known better when he saw my x-rays. I loved it when he would pop my neck though, that was great but I don't go back to him because he's one of those guys who does think that he's God and God's gift to women so he acts like a jerk.

Hey, thanks for the info about the supplements, I'll look for them. I'm taking some supplements and I'm still trying to figure out which ones are making me feel sick right now. I'm thinking it may be the magnesium/calcium/zinc combo, but not sure.

I hope all of you are doing well and thanks again for your responses, questions and concern. It helps to know we're not alone.
    Big Hugs
    Nancy
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Nancy:

Just read your post, sorry about the chiro problems, I don't have the same level of damage to my spine. He adjusts it but using low force due to the FMS and MPS he told me he didn't want to put me in more pain, sounds like you should stick to an ortho... However if you can find a chiro trained in trigger point release it really does help. I usually feel much better after, not in pain. I go back tommorow after a 3 week break and right now even with this lousy weather, I can only feel really two areas in my back that are knotted up. My chiro only sees you 1-2 x a week for a short duration and then trys to extend it out to 1x per week than every other... you get the picture.

He also really follows up on what your doing at home...I do my yoga almost everyday.. sometimes I will do a shorter program or just the basic stretching if feeling as if in pain or having fatigue.

I have noticed the difference.

Regarding your supplements: I usually take the calcium and magnesium at night... have not noticed problems, however, I take the zinc with my multy vitamin after I have eaten. You made need to have food in your stomach to decrease the sick feeling. Also make sure on the magnesium the dose isn't too high. I'm at 500mg but I've been taking it for awhile...I started at 250 and if my stomach is bothering me I drop it down. Calcium should not exceed 1200mg daily or you can hurt your kidneys and make sure it has Vitamin D for your body to absorb properly.

Hope this helps,

Talk to you soon,

Hugs,

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  3. 143alan

143alan New Member

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize that about the dosage of mag. I probably started out too high or something, I'll have to check the dosage. I'll also have to check to see if the chiro or the dayspa down the street knows about trigger point massage.

Take Care, Hope you're doing well
    Nancy
  4. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Nancy:

Glad to here I was helpful regarding the info on chiros, I feel they are underutilized and thought of as quacks, when in fact the one I see is very knowlegable, listens and communicates well. Has a sense of humor and knows how to handle my back with the FM/MPS. I saw him yesterday, and he could tell my back was started to become inflamed in my hip and shoulder region.. Again he doesn;t do the high velocity cracking on me as this is too much for my muscles. But he is able to align me with other low velocity techniques.

Glad to hear I was able to help out regarding the supplements, they can be confusing and if taken at the wrong time or too much at first they can make you feel bad.

Start slow and add one supplement every 10 days if you are starting out, this way you know if you are having a problem, you can identify which supplement and make changes or discontine. If you are on meds check for supplement and med interactions. Lots of people get into trouble due to this.

Also are you on a probiotic, this is really good for the gut, gives you good bacteria that helps will digestion, I have never had any side effects from it.

Hope you are doing better,

Suz45
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

Sorry it took a few days to respond to your post. Things are pretty crazy around here and today has been the first time a long while that I've been able to sit here and read and respond to posts.

Thanks again for the info about the supplements. What is a probiotic? I eat yogurt almost daily and think that's suppose to help something, but I can't remember what.

Take Care
    Nancy
  6. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Nancy:

Glad to hear from you, probiotics are supplements that contain good bacteria, that yes is found in yogurt, however you get a much higher amount pf acidophillus, lactobacillus to name a few. I have been taking them for years and they really do seem to make a difference in digestive issues, keeps the flora of the intestines healthy by maintaining a high level of good bacteria that helps to decrease the bad bacteria.

If you start on them buy a good product, I understand the probiotics sold thru prohealth are good from other members post. You may experience stomach distress initially as your body begins to rid itself of the nasty bacteria bugs, but htis should not last long and if you have IBS you should notice an improvement within a couple weeks to a month. Keep eating yogurt though just make sure it has the "active cultures".

I Have noticed that if I stop taking them , my IBS symptoms return within a few days... Also keep them either refrigerated or in acool dry place. No bathroom cabinet.

Hope this helps,

talk to you soon.

Suz45
  7. 143alan

143alan New Member

I had a feeling that's what probiotics were but wasn't sure. Thanks for the information and the help.

I hope you're having a good day.
    Nancy