Mbofov....would you mind if I asked you a question? :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Hi there, I was wondering if you could give me a little advice? I wanted to incorporate digestive enzymes/ hydrochloric acid to see if I have low stomach acid and therefore to see if they help...

I read back on the posts and read that you take digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid. Could you please make specific recs? I am not sure if the digestive enzymes/ hydrochloric acid should be in one capsule or whether these are separate capsules and should be taken at different times? I am guessing you take these after food to help digest? I am feeling really heavy lately..like you said, I think...like there's a heavy stone in my stomach after eating. I have been getting a lot of burning from beneath the breasts to the belly button even after eating only fish and salad for my evening meal. My skin (rosacea) has been flaring and I am even more exhausted than usual. I'm wondering if it's food-related so wanted to give my digestive system some help...

I was told years back that I maybe had a little too much stomach acid (they did this camera thing down my throat into my stomach) so I didn't think this was an issue for me but I've recently read that people with low levels of stomach acid then go on to produce too much acid....maybe this is what they picked up? I have just very recently read that low stomach acid is implicated in allergies and rosacea.....I am pretty sure I have unidentified allergies and I know I have rosacea..

I hope I don't sound dumb but my brain is also having trouble understanding why an alkaline diet is good for us when we need more stomach acidity to process stuff, not alkalinity..?

Would you mind posting exactly what you use and when in terms of digestive enzymes/ hcl? And, would you please let me know when you take your probiotic/ other supplements (if you do take them)? Thanks so much! Sorry for the million questions!
    Thanks so much! Shell :)
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I take a product called Digestabs from Puritan's Pride vitamins (on-line). It has both digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid combined in one tablet. I take 2 after each meal. I suppose it's better to take right before the meal, but I don't.

I've read that it's best to take probiotics and amino acids on an empty stomach so that's when I take those.

I take vitamins and minerals and most herbs with meals.

What really helped me was muscle testing done by my chiropractor. He's the one who identified my digestive problems, my weak adrenals, and several other things. I would have been lost without him. I went to regular doctors for years who were unable to do anything for me. Then I found the chiropractor who started helping me immediately.

I now do muscle testing on myself, sort of like Jaminhealth, although I do think it's best when someone else competent does it.

I used to be sick a lot with digestive problems and it made such a huge difference for me to finally find out what was going on and to know what to do about it.

Anyways, I hope this helps -- Take care --