******MCD56 are you out there???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Jun 15, 2006.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Hello - sorry this is long but I am confused-

I have posted here a couple of times regarding my high WBC and high inflammation markers and how confused I am. The good news is the my SED rate is almost normal (24 on 0-20 range) so the Humira seems to be working on that but my CRP is still high. I can deal with it because I am feeling very good.

BTW - my WBC is still high at 14.7 (4.5 - 10.5 scale) but for the first time the differentials indicate that my GRAN# is the cause at 10.8 (1.4-6.5 scale)

So the last time I went to see my Rheumy I actually got one on one time just with him. His nurse practioners are awesome but this was a rarity. We talked a lot about my WBC being so high. He said he is not worried but he would be happy to send me to a hematologist or infectious disease doc if I wanted to go. I said if you aren't worried then I don't need to go. But I asked him to test me for Lyme and Epstein Barr which he did along with the Parvovirus.

So guess what no Lyme but I tested positive for the other two. However I have no idea what it all means so if anyone can help to interpret these I would be very thankful.

Here are the numbers:
    EBV Early Antigen Ab IgG - 86 - range is 0-99 so no suscebtibilty to an infection

EBV Ab VCA IgG - 1450 (range is 0-99)

EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, Ig - 467 (range is 0-99)

The interpretation grid leads me to believe that I have an acute infection that is chronic or reactivating. Does this make sense?

My Parvovirus B19 IgG is positive at 4.8 on a scale of 0.0 to 0.9.

The seach I have done on this message board makes me suspect there is a connection between the two viruses and that they are pointing to CFS on top of my FMS, IBS, & Rheumatoid Arthitis. Any help is most appreciated. I don't see the doc for two weeks, but I may call to talk to one of the nurses on Saturday morning. Nancy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2006]
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member