***********MCD56 - MRI results*************

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Apr 24, 2006.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Hi Mary,
    Just checking in to wish you luck with the neuro on Wednesday (I think it 4-26) I hope you get some answers. I have a MRI Brain-Spinal to eliminate MS once again...

Big news for me...I bought a puppy this weekend...she is so adorableand loving but she is also a lot of work. I lost it this afternoon when I got home - none of it was her fault...you just can't leave a puppy for as long as I have to. Tomorrow the dog walker is coming twice instead of once. It will get easier and Bella is so cute it works. She is a Puggle (pug & beagle mix). 18 weeks and a ball of energy...

Let me know how your tests go...take it easy...
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2006]
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Sorry I missed your post...life is a whirlwind at work and now at home. So sorry to hear about your daughter's fall and siezure. Poor kid...if it's not one thing it's another.

I would post a pic of Bella but I can't remember how to replace the picture. Duh! The Strattera seems to be helping - yesterday was a struggle with finding the right words, but I've been doing much better. I get my 4-hour MRI today (brain, spine, with and without contrast). Good luck with your tests and I hope your daughter is doing better.
  5. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

You sound so at peace - understood and given hope for help for the 1st time in a long time. I am happy for you...and hopefully for your daughter too. I find it comforting to know that there are good doctors out there that can help us all. Please keep me posted on the outcome.

My test went fine - long (about 3 hours total)and hopefully they find nothing. No news is good news IMHO!

I am having a stressful day at work and I just want to scream at my kids (which are actually 3 - almost 60-year old women) - but instead of screaming I am going for a walk. Hope the tests went well today....
    N
  6. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

HI Mary.
    I hope you are doing good. I have had the week from heck and it isn't over. I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up - I just know technology is not it...

So I recieved the MRI results today and I can only assume that it showed no abnormalities in my brain which is good news. He said I have Degenative Disk Disease at 2 levels with diffuse bulging. It may explain why my lower back hurts so much when I over do it.

7. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Oh Mary, I had to return Bella to the suburbs. She is just too much dog for an apartment of someone that works 10 hour days. She was so hyper by the time I got home, even with the two walks during the day, it was not fair to her at all. Also, I was not doing well...exhausted and hurting and I knew I was going in to a flare up.

I called my mom (first person I call for everything...43 and still a mama's girl) and cried both Monday and Wedensday nights because it was such a disaster. The final straw was the vet visit and I couldn't contol her at all. The vet chastised me over the potty training and told me that I had to tether her leash to my belt loop when she wasn't in her crate. Then gently jerk her and take her outside. I live on the 3rd floor - she's a puppy - it would not work.

It is heartbreaking because she was so adorable but she needs to be a family dog with kids and a fenced in back yard. Sure I could have trained her but it wasn't fair to her at all. I need to get an adult dog if I get any dog. I am hoping she has found a good family to live with her.

Nancy