Mcoplasma has anyone on this board been tested?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 16, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I was tested long time ago and tested negative.
    Any thoughts?

2. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Yes, I get tested every 6 weeks. Mine started around 600 then went up and up. This summer my IGG was 1622. That scared me. It did go down to 1210 in August. I don't know if will ever come down. Maybe, the XMRV is a factor. I hope so...
  3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Testing negative is a good thing.

Some believe (expert Dr. Garth Nicholson), however, that PCR testing is the only reliable way to test for mycoplasma infections.

I have been tested many times and for many types. I have probably a dozen types - with the mycoplasma pneumoniae being the biggest issue for me - because of it's association with asthma and other lung problems.

I was treated for over 4 years with azithromycin daily - and am now tapering off. I will be tested again to see if it the antibiotics had any effect. My breathing improved significantly while on antibiotics - but I have a fever now that I've had for about 2.5 years.

I know mycoplasma infections are a common co-infection in CFS. There have been some amazing research breakthroughs in how they infect - hopefully that will lead to a way to treat them.

And Hi to Chrissy12!!!!!

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 10/16/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2009]
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

Do both of you have chronic fatigue/me and fibromyalgia. Do you have other things wrong also

Yes I am glad I tested negative that is why I dont have my hopes for this test though.
    Everything I test for is neg. Then again I dont want dreaded diseases.

Fibromyalgia has kicked my you know what since I got older I got it after I had the flu 3 times and could not get rid of it.
    I tolerated and worked and fell out when I got home. Now I can not work as of 2 years ago.
    I am losing all my strength along with the pain now. I think it is because I am not as active.
    I was 40 when I got fibro and going through menopause early like my mom.
    Girls it is terrible though how sick you are. Fever?? I do not get fever just hurt... and extremely tired and of course if I clean out a cabinet you pay for 2 days.
    I know it could be worse but it is wearing on me now. I think my mind is on it to much.
    Take care and I hope both of you get better and keep me posted ok.
  5. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I tested positive for it when I was first dxed with CFS.. 2 months alter dxed with FM I think it was like a walking pneumomnia type of thing
  6. RunningAntelope

RunningAntelope New Member

My wife and I both tested highly positive for Myco. P. and had walking pneumonia in the early stages of the illness when our immune systems had been eviscerated (T-cell and NK cell counts and cytotoxicity were ridiculously low). I never treated it specifically. It went away of its own accord when I started getting better. I believe it is merely an opportunistic pathogen that gets a foothold because the immune system has been decimated by something else, like XMRV, e.g, aided and abetted by other opportunists like EBV, HHV6a and modulated by mold, heterocyclic hydrocarbons, stress, etc.