MCS ... chemical sensitive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shalala, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I was looking for info on MCS and found this ...

Wife Arrested in Aroma Assault
    Originally posted by CNN News, 05/01/2003
    STUART, Florida (AP) -- A woman was arrested for dousing herself with perfume, spraying the house with bug killer and disinfectant, and burning scented candles in an attempt to seriously injure her chemically sensitive husband, prosecutors said.

Police charged Lynda Taylor, 36, with aggravated battery Thursday.

David Taylor, 46, is disabled due to allergies that resulted from exposure to toxic mold and hazardous chemicals as a construction worker, his doctors say. That exposure netted him $150,000 in a recent workers compensation settlement.

The fragrant incident occurred April 4 during a conversation the couple were having about separating after three years of marriage.

Taylor told investigators that his wife became enraged when he refused to give her half of his settlement.

"Lynda came in the kitchen wearing perfume and applied some to [her daughter]. Then [she] went around the house spraying Lysol and even sprayed some in my face," David Taylor wrote in his complaint.

Taylor's physician provided investigators with a letter confirming he suffers from extreme chemical sensitivity, "including all fragrances, air fresheners and other volatile chemicals," and that his wife was aware of it.

Lynda Taylor's attorney, Karen Steger, said the charge was a misuse of the criminal justice system.

"The guy's a faker," she said. "He just wants to gain an advantage in the divorce case."

David Taylor's lawyer, Cynthia Grooms Marvin, said she could not talk about the case.

2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

At least you have a good sense of humor.

I have a problem with people spraying Lysol at work ... wearing certain perfumes/colognes ... and the cleaning people spraying cleaners, etc.

When my son was still living with me he was using that AXE spray and I almost croaked. He also was bad about spraying Lysol. I have disposed of all "spray" items.
  3. AmazAunt

AmazAunt New Member

Shalala -- the article you posted was of special interest to me.

My guy has MCS -- after we became a couple I gave up perfume (previously one of life's greatest pleasures for me), incense; scented candles, fabric softener, shampoo, soaps, oils; have to explain to hair stylists that I CANNOT use any "product" in my hair -- etc. I love my guy, so I gladly gave all this up; of course I would never want to make him sick.

BUT.... he'd better keep being good to me, 'cuz if he ever has it coming, I'll know what to do (lol). Just kidding!!!!

Seriously, what happened to that man in the article is horrible, even if he was a real SOB. Lysol in the face would make anybody (even w/o MCS) sick -- that IS assault.

4. AmazAunt

AmazAunt New Member

Shalala -- the article you posted was of special interest to me.

My guy has MCS -- after we became a couple I gave up perfume (previously one of life's greatest pleasures for me), incense; scented candles, fabric softener, shampoo, soaps, oils; have to explain to hair stylists that I CANNOT use any "product" in my hair -- etc. I love my guy, so I gladly gave all this up; of course I would never want to make him sick.

BUT.... he'd better keep being good to me, 'cuz if he ever has it coming, I'll know what to do (lol). Just kidding!!!!

Seriously, what happened to that man in the article is horrible, even if he was a real SOB. Lysol in the face would make anybody (even w/o MCS) sick -- that IS assault.