1. emah

emah Member

Yesterday my rheumatologist diagnosed me with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease )(MCTD). I spent part of today researching my new dx. My understanding right now is that it is an overlapping of systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Sclerodema, Polymyoositis and rheumatoid arthrtis.. Clearly this explains my pain.
    Has anyone else received this diagnosis and if so, can you share your experience and am I on the wrong Message Board because as far as I know I still have Fibro. (sigh) Thanx

I was told to avoid red meat, watch my salt intake, and drink lots of water. She did an extensive blood pane.
  2. freida

freida Active Member

Nice to cross paths with you, again. :)

I have not heard of that term dx, or don't remember it at this moment.
    Interesting though.

I'm not anyone official, but my opinion is that you are on the right board. :)

We want you to stay and all of our dx's can be uncertain or change or added to....
    we all basicly deal with what we each need to, and find caring support and respect, as well as ideas and sharing, here.

I hope this dr and their advice will prove to be helpful for you!

Leah
  3. emah

emah Member

Thanx for acknowledging my post. I saw my kidney dr. today and gave her a copy of my blood work. She better explained to me what it is I have but I am still trying to make some kind of peace with my understanding. The kidney dr said I probably don't have fibro but my rheumatologist says we will see. All I know is I hurt on a daily basis.

I now have to go to an opthamologist to see if it is ok for me to take a drug called plauenil.

And the journey continues, thanx for your support.

I am learning that within my illness, I just may get healthier.

4. freida

freida Active Member

It's good for me too,
    to see YOUR response. :)

It's good to get the update, from you.

thanks for writing it!!

L. Freida