Me again with more on my colonoscopy..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I am about to pop. I really do not know how they expect a person to drink 64 oz. of liquid in one evening.

I started at 5:00 PM by taking 4 Dulcolax Tablets then at 6:00 PM I had to mix a 255 gram bottle of Miralax in a 64 oz bottle of Gatorade and drink 8 oz every 10 to 15 minutes. I am still nursing this drink and am about to pop. The taste is not bitter but so sickening sweet that it is awful. I don't know how I am going to get all 64 oz down me tonight.

Did the others that had a colonoscopy have to drink this much? And if so, how did you get it all down? How long before you started troting to the bathroom?

Sorry for all the questions but I am really having a rough time here and need any and all support and advise.

I've got a feeling this is going to be a long-long night.

Thanks for your support,
    Grandma6
  2. jake123

jake123 New Member

you can quit and go to bed. That means everything is gone.
  3. shalimac

shalimac New Member

Hi again Gram

I didn't drink all...probably left about 2-3 8oz cups; everything was clear...colon was plenty cleaned out for the procedure...go to bed soon, and start your relaxation thoughts and slow breathing.

thoughts & prayers
    Mac
  4. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

you are having a rough time with this...sucks I know! The other two gave the right advice though, when you go and it is clear you can stop, and you will know when it's time to go. Try to relax I know it is hard but you will be ok!!!! I'm at work and will be here for a while let me know if you need to talk more!!!
    Love and hugs
    Amy