Me and ambian dont get along

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cay24dive, Sep 18, 2002.

1. cay24dive

cay24dive New Member

Last week my new doctor from the cleveland clinic who I thought was supposed to be smart tried me on ambian to get me to go to sleep. Come monday morning I was habeing a severe anxiety attack and could not stop crying all day long. So I called her and asked what could be wrong nothing had happened that would trigger that. She said oh well maybe you need to go see a phyciatrist and get counsoling. So I called my other doctor ewho has been treating me for years and knows about all the medication, and everything. Said to stop taking the ambian and call him in the morning. I stop taking it that night and by tuesday mornign was feeling much better. Well low and behold I am 20 and ambian has a major interaction with my age, and can make you severly deppressed , and very anxious. So know I know, just because you think the doctor is supposed to be smart is not alwyas true.
    Erin
  2. cay24dive

cay24dive New Member

Last week my new doctor from the cleveland clinic who I thought was supposed to be smart tried me on ambian to get me to go to sleep. Come monday morning I was habeing a severe anxiety attack and could not stop crying all day long. So I called her and asked what could be wrong nothing had happened that would trigger that. She said oh well maybe you need to go see a phyciatrist and get counsoling. So I called my other doctor ewho has been treating me for years and knows about all the medication, and everything. Said to stop taking the ambian and call him in the morning. I stop taking it that night and by tuesday mornign was feeling much better. Well low and behold I am 20 and ambian has a major interaction with my age, and can make you severly deppressed , and very anxious. So know I know, just because you think the doctor is supposed to be smart is not alwyas true.
    Erin
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to hear you had a smart doctor! When in doubt about a medication, you can always call the pharmacist, he is the expert on drugs. Most doctors know about as much as you do about what they are prescribing!

If its a sleep problem you have, I use ZMA (zinc, magnesium and Vitamin B-6), you can go to the 'Store' link and read about it.

It is just supplements, but it works for a lot of people.

Glad you found what your problem was.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. cay24dive

cay24dive New Member

Thanks for the advice I will try it.
    Erin
  5. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I was prescribed Ambien, and turned into the wicked witch of the east.... when I could wake up.. After about a week of this, I stopped taking it. Went to a new doctor, who prescribed Sonata. I love it.. I sleep most nights now, and wake up more refreshed, with no groggy, mean streak. If it doesn't work, you know FAST.. Good luck to u.

[ advertisement ]