Me and my Peony bush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, May 30, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

OK, I posted a picture of myself and my peony bush. It isn't blooming yet but it is HUGE! I am 5'5 so that gives you an idea how big it really is.....I can't wait until it blooms.....the blossoms will also be HUGE.
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I have pink and white peony bushes that are just blooming and they are my second favorite, lilac being my first. Dang they smell heavenly don't they? I cut them and bring them in. Sure wish they'd bloom all summer!! Post a new picture when that blooms, can't wait to see it....
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What happened to my message? Well, I said the same thing Linda did. Post a pic when it's in bloom. What color is it?

All the peonies I've seen have been pink, red or white. I read there's a new yellow though.

According to Gentlemen's Quarterly, a peony is not suitable for wearing in the lapel. It is suitable for a lady's hat if she doesn't mind looking like Hedda Hopper.

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

That's a HUGE peony bush, Monica! I assume it's not the fushia one that was in your profile earlier this week? Mine have yet to bloom here in MI but I'm looking forward to them since they're my favorite flower. I think someone should invent a longer-lasting peony because they're done way too soon.

Good to be able to put a face with your name, too. And good luck with your surgery.

5. sisland

sisland New Member

and your Peony Bush! WoW! that is a big one!,,,nice to see a photo of you!,,,,,Sis
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

That is some Peony bush. Of course where I live (in TX) and in NY where I was born, I do not remember Peony bushes. However, I was not that much of a big flower buff. I love them, how they look and smell but don't know alot about them.

That should be something when it blooms. You will to take another picture of it when it does.

Thanks for posting it. Watch out it doesn't grab you (-: !!

Hugs and blessings,

7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

What a bush!!! I always think that the minute peopnies are out we get huge storms to batter them down!!! Hope they get support!!!

Good luck next week. Those peopnies will cheer you. I once moved into a house that had belonged to an Agronomist and I had dozens of peonies of various varieties they were gorgeous (plus lots of other stuff too) the pwopl who bought from us ripped all the florals and fruit out "to save weeding"

Glad you are a cat lady as well. Love Annie
  8. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Nice peony Monica!
    I have a peony bush I have been working on for 3 years. Unfortunately, my dog has been working on it too. Honestly, "bush" is too generous a label for this scrappy little plant. This week, it finally produced it's first full blown flower! I was so excited I had to take a picture of it. The stem is about 2 feet long and drooping further groundward each day....but hey, its a flower!
    I will print the picture of yours and show it to mine. It will give my pee-wee-ony something to aspire to.