ME is CFS not fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Oct 11, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

Hello again, just to tell you, ME is the common U.K name for CFS (Chronic fatigue syndrome) FMS is not the same, as ME. In the UK and the USA, Fibromyalgia, or Fibromyalgia syndrome is the term used for the condition Known as FMS, There are some similarities, between FMS and ME, but most people believe they are separate conditions. The main Difference between them both is that in ME the associated fatigue generally tends to more severe than in FMS, whilst in FMS there tends to be widespread pain, where as in ME, the pain is usually only of a aching type, where as in FMS you get every type of pain under the sun. ie (burning, stabbing, stinging, aching, and gnawing)
  2. sean

sean New Member

Hello again, just to tell you, ME is the common U.K name for CFS (Chronic fatigue syndrome) FMS is not the same, as ME. In the UK and the USA, Fibromyalgia, or Fibromyalgia syndrome is the term used for the condition Known as FMS, There are some similarities, between FMS and ME, but most people believe they are separate conditions. The main Difference between them both is that in ME the associated fatigue generally tends to more severe than in FMS, whilst in FMS there tends to be widespread pain, where as in ME, the pain is usually only of a aching type, where as in FMS you get every type of pain under the sun. ie (burning, stabbing, stinging, aching, and gnawing)