Me popping in again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

You guys make me cry. I've always been so used to handling everything by myself, that I have trouble leaning on the people who understand the most when I really need to.

I believe I told you guys about my friend's sister who worked for human services. She not only sent me all the stuff to fill out, but she filled most of it out for me from knowing me (somewhat) and from what her sister knew.

I've increased my potassium per my doctor's instruction and apparently that is what caused my hands and feet to freeze and me not be able to move them.

I still don't know what I'm going to do in the future. There is no way I can live in this house on what I will get from SSDI. I've got so much stuff rattling around in my head that I get upset and frustrated.

I just read the wonderful things that you guys wrote to me and I'm serious when I say that I cried. I'm just not used to people caring so much.

I also hate being in "limbo" with so many things up in the air. I'm lucky I know my own name lately.

Furry ones are fine... Midnight (old kitty) has given me a scare because she wasn't keeping food down. I went back to her old food (I switched quite awhile ago too) and I'm just giving her a little at a time because she was just gobbling and it would come back undigested (sorry for being gross)and then she would just cling to me. That scared me. But today she left food in the dish and so far so good... hate to jinx it...

I went and raided my brother's garden today... well, actually my sister-in-law had a bunch of stuff put aside for me... cucumbers, tomatoes (big ones and the cherry ones), summer squash, and she had cooked up two small trays of eggplant parmesean. I already put one in the freezer and I had some of the other one earlier tonight. I mentioned to her last week that if she was making some and there was some extra, I sure would like it. I don't cook and it's not even worth it for me to cook since I eat so very little.

Anyway, that's the poop from here, and I will try not to stay "missing".

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
    Big hugs,
    Tigger
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Tigger:

So glad to hear from you. Hope that things continue to improve for you.

Here in California we have something called Craigs list. I know that they have different versions for different areas. Just do not know if they have one for Rhode Island.

In case you do not remember me, I grew up in CT (Darien and Redding) and still have lots of friends there. I remember when you were going through so many problems with your former employer. I think that I asked you then if RH had any state disability program? In CA we pay something like $350 per year, and we are then able to get 1 years worth of benefits...at about 50% of our usual pay. Sure makes not working possible for me at this time. I also have a LTD policy from work, that will pay me a TOTAL of 70% of my salary. I have to apply for SSDI and will most likely have to battle them to pay me after 2 years.

I have been having a terrible time with my RA, and have also found out that I have a bunch of other issues going on at the same time. My liver is not working well, so none of the normal RA meds. I have had some episodes of Atrial Fibrillation. EKG shows that my left atrium is NOT inflammed, so it is an electrical issue and not a structural issue. I also have to have a D&C, as I have had terrible periods that last for months (re scheduled for 3rd time)...and the only RA med that I can take has caused me to have pneumonia and respiratory problems...and now x-ray shows scaring (and what could be nodules) on my lungs. So excited that my body is failing me so badly.

Hope that you are doing okay, and continue to try to find out what services are out there an available to you. Were you eligible for unemployment? Just curious. Hope that you can figure out a way to stay in your house. You might be surprised about finding a roommate...might change your life for the better.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I always look to see if you've posted so I know how you are. I don't reply everytime, but know you're on my mind daily.

Take care Tigger!
    Love,
    CockatooMom
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It's a little hard to have a roomate here... there is one bedroom and there are no doors on any room. This truly is a one or a couple person house.

I'm trying not to think too much about the future becaues it scares me to death, but life goes on.

I did manage to receive Temporary Disability ($300) a week, but I was denied Unemployment. The witch at the employment agency said I had quit my assignment before it was done... that is not true, but it wasn't worth the fight since I was able to get the temporary disability.

I'm so frustrated right now. Today has been a pretty decent day... so, of course, the first thing that comes to my mind is... Gee, I feel so good, they must be wrong and there really is nothing wrong with me. I know better, but you just can't help that when you get a good day.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

I got big eyed when I saw that you had posted.....and very excited.

We have not really communicated but like most here, I feel that I know you and I have been concerned.

Many of us will pray for you. Do whatever you can to make it through this rough time. Know we are here for you. Keep the faith and hope....

Gentle Hugs and Blessings glaore..............Susan
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

atleast the td...is nontaxable so that will be nice at tax time..

well hang in there as usual

jodie
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

Maybe find someone to share a 2 bedroom place with? You might find one that accepts animals. Lady and you could share rent.

Heck, even a nice gent would be okay. If the right kind of a gent. I mean that in a good way.

Blessings........Susan
  8. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I don't think that would work. I have a one bedroom, 828 sq ft house and doesn't even have doors between rooms.

I wish sometimes it was bigger so that I could do that, but there just isn't any way. As it is, the dogs, cats and I bump into each other all the time.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  9. amuzyka

amuzyka New Member

TIGGER,,

I don't post much but I have noticed that you haven't been on the board for a long time. Just wondered if you are reading the posts. Why don't you let us know how you are. People do miss you when you are not here and want to know if you are okay.

Anne
  10. libra55

libra55 New Member

It's so good to hear from you again. I was worried about you! I'm glad you are holding up okay, and I'm so sorry about your ongoing situation. May I say I think you are doing one heck of a job managing to keep it all together.

I'm glad to hear someone is able to help you with the paperwork, and knows the system.

I know how you feel about your furbabies. One of my dogs was ill last week and about scared the wits out of me. We toughed it out and did not need to go to the vet (which I would have done if absolutely necessary, but it's so expensive), and she seems better this week.

Can you get some fuel assistance? The cold weather will be on us before we know it.

Potassium is very important. I have to watch my levels as well. I can get deficient in it very quickly (due to the Crohn's)....one of my symptoms is heart arrythmias, skipped beats, etc.

As for here, Daughter #1 has gone to college, and #2 just got her driver's license.

Good to hear from you, hang in there, be strong.....I'll be praying for some assistance for you.

(((((((Hugs))))))))
    Michelle
  11. jole

jole Member

I'm not on the board a lot anymore, but it's always good to see your name and keep up on your circumstances. Glad to hear you are having a good day, at least.

Wishing you all the best financially. I wish there was a magic wand for all of us - being this sick is enough of a burden for anyone, but I always marvel at the way things somehow seem to work out, even if not the way we expect them to.

Hang in there! You're a special person and deserve the best. Glad to hear you have friends helping out with all this, and hope something comes up for you soon.

Friends - Jole
  12. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

It surely is good to hear from you! I'm sorry things are so hard right now, but I'm glad that the potassium is helping you. It sounds like your family is nice, too.

Remember that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Please keep on letting us know how you are.

Big, big, hugs,
    Terry
  13. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Glad to see you here again.

I don't know if you own your home or rent.

If you own your home some states have low income property tax assistance. It can be a significant savings--based on a sliding income scale in my state.

There may also be low income rental assistance or housing available.

Hope things get easier for you soon.

Shootingstar
  14. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Hi everyone,
    This are very bad right now. The financial company that has my second mortgage is starting foreclosure proceedings. There were people here taking pictures of the place and left a copy of my mortgage in the door.

I'm so upset between crying and just shaking, I don't know what to do.

My car can't even run legally because I have no insurance, broken windshield, and generally running poopy.

I'm not sure if I every have been this afraid before. I have absolutely no income and an empty wallet.

If you could send positive thoughts, my way, I'd appreciate it.
    Tigger
  15. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Suz,
    I used to live in Lincoln. I lived there until I was about 20 years old.

I'm going to try and check on here more.

If you hear any more about the process or the lawyers. I'm at the point where I need a temporary numb brain. I'm tired of hurting on the inside and the outside too.

So, you think they are good? I'm just so afraid. I'm all there is, so I don't have a great support system.

Thank you so much.
    Tigger