Me too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chinlover, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Chinlover

Chinlover New Member

I am also looking for a dr. for my fibro. I am seeing a rhuematologist right now and although she is trying to help, she is strictly against analgesic pain management. I am on neurontin, effexor, flexiril from her. My PCP and I need to have a talk because the last 2 times I saw her it was for hip pain and anxiety. Fibro had not been diagnosed. So I need to go back to her for help. She gave me Tylenol 3 and Xanex which helped alot.
    She is very skiddish about meds though. She gives tiny doses. So, I want to find a dr. who specializes in my problem without having them think I am just dr. shopping and looking for drugs. I just want to find someone who will understand the diagnosis and help, truly help. So how do we go about it, I really don't know except be honest with them and always ask the receptionist if they have experience in our conditions before committing to an appt. Chinlover
  2. maee16

maee16 New Member

Chinlover, I have been to many doctors, not many belive in Fibromyalgia. They say the same thing, ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I finally was sent to a neurologist. 90% of his patients have FIBROMYALGIA.
    Not all medications work the same for everyone. I am on alot of meds, and I am not proud of being on them. If one med stops helping me, the doctor will prescribe something else. When I have a severe relapse I immediately go on MEDROL PAK, it helps calm things down. Its a high 6 days dose. But I am happy with my neurologist. I would be even happier if a cure would come up for Fibro. But till then, we have to learn how to pace ourselves and take one day at a time. Good Luck to You, Hugs, Maee