Meals on Wheels ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have a question that may sound stupid, But #1 how old do you have to be to get it?

And #2 do you have to meet certain income guidlines?

And #3 does your dr have to sign anything, I know my dr would in a heartbeat but I just was wondering?

and #4 how do you get in contact with them?

Thanks in advance for any info you could give me.

Pamela
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My friend go it at age 50, I know others get it even in 20's. Often, it is run by the Council on Aged and some people running it just do not know it is for anyone homebound and unable to care for themselves. It can either be free or cost $3.00.

I would start off by calling United Way.

Love anne C
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

In the county where we live ( in Texas ) there is no income restriction. My Mom and Dad were never able to get on any kind of "programs" for the elderly because of their income. But, Meals on Wheels delivered to them every day. It was a about 3 years ago, and at that time I think it was $2 a meal ( if you were able to pay).

My Mom and Dad didn't need a doctors ok, I just called the Council on Aging, and told them my parents were in their 80's, and homebound.

I don't know if age plays a part or not.

I would call around and see if you can get on the list. There was a waiting list, so I placed my parents name on it, and finally they started getting their meals.

Your friend,

Kinsie