MEAN JUDGE :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by opticaltech, Oct 16, 2006.

1. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

I went to my hearing in front of the ALJ...my scheduled time was 11:30...I didnt get in till 12:45!...The Lady Judge was in a ROTTEN mood!...Right off the bat she yelled at my attorney for submitting new evidence when we got there and then gave me an attitude for not answering a question right!...It doesnt look good for me folks...My attorney has been in front of her many times before and said she was a b**ch today!...I came out of there feeling like I lost...he had no opinion on what he thought the outcome would be...Now hurry up and wait!.......L.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

she was in such a rotten mood....I hope things might still go your way. Maybe she was just letting off steam. Good luck! Terri
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

I thought you might be in NC when I read your post. Let me tell you I had a b judge at my hearing. She ripped me a new one and put me into a severe depression and breakdown. I was suicidal. If you want to read it I think you can look it up under a search for My Hearing Horror. It was terrible. I hope you do win. I am so sorry you had a judge who was so hateful.
  4. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

Its too bad we have to rely on people to decide our fate!..My husband said its not fair!..I agree...This whole thing has my head busting..Im glad its over...Now Im going to the public assistance to seek some sort of aid while I wait...I didnt want to do it but I have to....L.
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Hello, I'm going soon. I don't have a date but I called and they said it will be soon. I don't know what we're going to do if I get turned down. It's been said and said again about frivolous claims ruining it for people like us.

I'll pray for you anyway
    Dan
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Are with you also! I Know it's so Frusterating!,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
  7. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

Remember that November 7th!

Cindy
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My judge barely acknowledged my presence when my atty. and I first came in. He was civil but made no eye contact until well into the hearing. He wasn't mean but was not warm at all. I was amazed when he decided favorably for me and backed it up with a lot of his rationale.

Judges don't like being overturned. If there is a good chance the judge's unfavorable opinion would be overturned on appeal, she may well decide fovorably in your case. Say your prayers and I'll keep you in mine.

Love, Mikie
  9. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

You know This is funny...The judge didnt make eye contact with me either!....Are they afraid they might really see the pain in ones eyes?...You are the third person I have heard this from Mikie.........L.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  10. srollins

srollins New Member

you may have lost the battle but you haven't lost the war.

if it is any comfort to you, when i went, the judge didn't make eye contact with me either. infact, he seem totally indifferent.

there was a woman there that was suppose to determine if maybe i could be retrained to do something else to make a living and when she was ask by the judge if she had any recomendations she said n"no".

i was awarded before i left the building.

just remember sweetie that every case is different and the opinion we have for you are just that, opinions.

i wish you all the best, i know how and remember how stressful it was.

shirley
  11. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

I hate to steal the thread, but . . . I see you are in SW FL and that you had had an attorney for your disability. I am in the Keys, filed, been denied, in appeal now and have new evidence to submit. I have not yet approached an attorney, but I am curious who yours was and if you would recommend. Hope that info is okay to post on this board. If not, Nevermind.

Thanks, Cathi
  12. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

Hugs to you after that awful experience. I am in the appeals process, just started, and that is my worst fear--having a mean, nasty judge. What a horror!

After all the years, we have suffered with this and tried to keep going, then having to go through the mental trauma of giving up jobs, activities, lifestyle, friends and relatives, and then to get raked over the coals by some arrogant judge. GRR.

I don't care if they are aloof or seemingly detached, fine. I don't want a best buddy -- Just a fair hearing.

Hope your decision is favorable.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used an excellent atty. named Michael D'Agostino. His office is on Pine Island, a barrier island just offshore. He's an old hippie and takes a lot of pride in keeping the govt. from denying us what is rightfully ours. I don't have his card handy but you can use an online phone search. If you can't find him, let me know.

Love, Mikie
  14. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have never met a judge who wasn't mean! I don't have a lot of experience in front of judges, but when my son went to claim paternity for his daughter the judge was very mean. And when I was on jury duty every single judge was cranky and mean. I think it may be part of thier job description or something.

So sorry you had to go through this!
  15. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

My attorney told me they make 150,000 a year and it goes up from there. They chose their hours and schedule as many cases a day as they want! Now if that was me...I would be happy!!!!!!...Lina
  16. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

Cool, an old hippie, we'll get along just great. I spent all afternoon listening to Inna Gadda Davidda and the Best of Cream. Far out! and he understands fibro. Groovy, man.

Thanks for the info, Mikie, I'll put him on my list.

Cathi
  17. tkslave

tkslave New Member

I had my hearing in may of this year. The judge that was supposed to be there couldn't come because his wife got sick. So I got stuck with a different judge than expected at the last minute. When I walked in the room he seemed to have a major attitude with me. He would not even ask me questions. The first thing out of his mouth was at 40 years old you should be able to work. Did not give me a chance to say anything. He and my Attorney argued and finally he decided to send me to a doctor. Well I went to their dr. appt. in July and still have not heard anything out of social security.
    This guy was an a_ _ hole. Good luck. Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  18. blonderescue

blonderescue New Member

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time.

I do not know why you got such a bad lot. All I can say is if you make it through everything you need to to cope with this illness, you should get a medal!

Hoping things get better for you.

Kaz