Med report from news

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sissy123, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

Yesterday I wrote telling of a news report from K.C. MO news. I have seen some of you are already taking this med, and it is a cold medicine called, bare with me, gauifisqon, or something like that. Has this helped anyone and what does it do? I just threw out a bottle of it that the doc gave me for a nasty cold I had gotten. I dont remember it relieving any pain. That is all about they said, but there were reports that were promising about grants being given to a research group called AFFTER. I intend to check out this group and see for myself just what they have found out. I hold pretty high hope for the future for us. Afterall we are extremely strong people just for living with this "condition". I am sure if we keep it up we will be heard and taken more seriously by the public, our families, and expecially our health care givers.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you are interested in the Guaifenesin treatment, you must get the book; 'What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia' by; 'R. Paul St. Amand, M.D.

There are a lot of his articles here at Pro Health. Just go to the 'HOme' page at the top of this board and type in his name or Guaifenesin.

Its quite involved, so its best to read the book before you get started.

Mikie and a lot of our members are on this treatment and will be glad to share what they are doing and the progress they are making with it.

Good luck!

Shalom, Shirl